Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has a baby with another woman **EDIT** **EDIT**

I just found out today that my soon-to-be-ex husband has a child with another woman. Him and this woman dated for about two months in the spring of last year. She contacted me a few months ago saying she was pregnant by him and that she didnt want him to know(they had split by this time). I didnt really believe her. Well, today she contacts me and tells me that she had the baby this morning. She sent me a pic. Needless to say, the baby looks just like my kids. She said that now she does not care wether he knows that its his baby or not. I dont know what to do. I have four kids with this asshole. They are 5, 6, 7, and 6 months. How the hell do I tell my kids that they have a baby sister? And that I dont know if they can see her or not. I told him that he needs to explain it because it is not my deal. I am not the parent to this baby. He said that he only cares what his new girlfriend thinks and not anyone else and that he will explain it to the kids "when they are old enough to understand". WHAT SHOULD I DO???

EDIT

She wants the baby to have a relationship with my kids. I have contacted a divorce lawyer, but I havent had a chance to let her know about this yet. This woman and baby live VERY close to me and my kids. My kids will see this baby somewhere eventually, then what? BTW the asshole says the baby isnt his (which he said about all four of mine till the dna tests came back)

EDIT #2

He demanded dna tests after baby number 4 was born. I left him when I was pregnant with her. After she was born I filed for CS. The asshole wanted dna tests to "make sure they were his kids"

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
punch him in the face? Have you tried asking the lady if your children can meet their sister? My dad had an affair with his student when i was in 3rd grade and that resulted in my littlest sister who is now 11 i think or soon to be 11. But my mom just explained that her and my dad were no longer together and that we have a little sister who we need to love as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Honey I hear ya! I am in the same boat. My ex fathered another child while we were still together (hence the ex part) & he has yet to introduce the kids to their little brother. I think he wants me to be there as support for our kids since they are all older in a sense. But he knows I will not go near that whore of a girlfriend of his so I'm laying it all on him. He wants them to meet & have a relationship with their half brother then that is on him!

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM

And if he waits til they are old enough to understand they will resent him! Because who is he to determine that? Our oldest is 16 & he still doesn't understand! 

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Since he doesn't care I would contact her back and ask her if she would like her child to grow up knowing her sisters/brothers...if you're okay with them meeting this young, that is. I think children should know their siblings, even if it's under these circumstances. I was always nervous dating as a teen because I never knew for sure if the boy I was talking to was one of my dad's kids (he was a cross-country trucker and a bit of a man-whore lol) and I always thought "Could I be dating my half brother?!"

marie2409
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM
LOL your HUSBAND demanded a dna test on your first child and you chose to have 3 more with him? As he continued to not believe they were his kids? Damn!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM

THAT is EXACTLY what I am worried about. I have two girls and two boys. My ex is probably the biggest whore in the tri county area. Two of my cousins have met siblings IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL that they never knew about!!

Quoting RandiBear:

Since he doesn't care I would contact her back and ask her if she would like her child to grow up knowing her sisters/brothers...if you're okay with them meeting this young, that is. I think children should know their siblings, even if it's under these circumstances. I was always nervous dating as a teen because I never knew for sure if the boy I was talking to was one of my dad's kids (he was a cross-country trucker and a bit of a man-whore lol) and I always thought "Could I be dating my half brother?!"

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM

not sure what i would do, the baby could be there half sister

Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM

No. That asshole demanded a dna test on all four kids AFTER number 4 was born. I left his ass when I was pregnant with her.

Quoting marie2409:

LOL your HUSBAND demanded a dna test on your first child and you chose to have 3 more with him? As he continued to not believe they were his kids? Damn!!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM

idk, but file for cs first I guess.

addyangel
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I would let your kids meet their sibling. It isn't any of the kids' fault that their father is an a-hole who procreated out of wedlock with a homewrecker. I'd say if he's acting like this about the new child he probably isn't going to be in the new child's life as much and isn't going to be a man and take the steps himself to let his kids know each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN