Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has a baby with another woman **EDIT** **EDIT**

I just found out today that my soon-to-be-ex husband has a child with another woman. Him and this woman dated for about two months in the spring of last year. She contacted me a few months ago saying she was pregnant by him and that she didnt want him to know(they had split by this time). I didnt really believe her. Well, today she contacts me and tells me that she had the baby this morning. She sent me a pic. Needless to say, the baby looks just like my kids. She said that now she does not care wether he knows that its his baby or not. I dont know what to do. I have four kids with this asshole. They are 5, 6, 7, and 6 months. How the hell do I tell my kids that they have a baby sister? And that I dont know if they can see her or not. I told him that he needs to explain it because it is not my deal. I am not the parent to this baby. He said that he only cares what his new girlfriend thinks and not anyone else and that he will explain it to the kids "when they are old enough to understand". WHAT SHOULD I DO???

EDIT

She wants the baby to have a relationship with my kids. I have contacted a divorce lawyer, but I havent had a chance to let her know about this yet. This woman and baby live VERY close to me and my kids. My kids will see this baby somewhere eventually, then what? BTW the asshole says the baby isnt his (which he said about all four of mine till the dna tests came back)

EDIT #2

He demanded dna tests after baby number 4 was born. I left him when I was pregnant with her. After she was born I filed for CS. The asshole wanted dna tests to "make sure they were his kids"

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I think if you find out the baby is his, your kids should know, just so they don't end up dating each other some day. What an asshat ... Good luck! I wouldn't want his child support payments....

ksueditz
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM
My exdh got someone else pg during our divorce then split w/ her before the boy was born. I left the mother a msg and told her I would like for our boys to know each other, w/o having to involve their father. She never responded, but I'm kind of glad, b/c I've heard rumors that someone else is the bd. It's not the children who are at fault. They deserve to know their siblings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Actually, the bastard only has to pay $550 a month total for all four of my kids. Its shitty really. The other woman isnt going for child support for this baby. She says its not worth it and she doesnt want him to have anything to do with her daughter.

Quoting lovnmy3boys:

I think if you find out the baby is his, your kids should know, just so they don't end up dating each other some day. What an asshat ... Good luck! I wouldn't want his child support payments....

Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM

BUMP!

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Wow, so your DH cheated on you and got her pregnant? I'm just wondering if I'm understanding that right. If that's the case, I would have a hard time being civil with a woman who slept with my DH, but it's good to have the baby know her 4 siblings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Unless you plan on moving, this is going to become a problem in five years when his little bastard gets into school with your children.  It's a good thing you've already filed for child support.  Her CS is going to be affected by how much he has to pay you.  

As for telling your children, you've got four years to think about what you'll tell them, because I guarantee he doesn't tell them.  You'll need to get them ready for the shock of finding out they will have a sibling in the same school, if not the same grade as your youngest.  Let's just hope there isn't more of them running around.  Good luck.

Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Sorry, again I should have been clearer. I left him in December of 2011, when I was just about 2 months pregnant with my newest baby. He met this woman in March of 2012.

Quoting Kaybean:

Wow, so your DH cheated on you and got her pregnant? I'm just wondering if I'm understanding that right. If that's the case, I would have a hard time being civil with a woman who slept with my DH, but it's good to have the baby know her 4 siblings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I think you should tell them now, they are not to young.   Also it wold be great that they now their sister  we dont want our kids to grow up and fall in love w/ their sibling after all. 

Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I really don't want to fight here, but this situation is not the baby's fault. I would appreciate it if you would not call her a "bastard". Technically she may be, but its still derogatory.

Quoting Melissa_4:

Unless you plan on moving, this is going to become a problem in five years when his little bastard gets into school with your children.  It's a good thing you've already filed for child support.  Her CS is going to be affected by how much he has to pay you.  

As for telling your children, you've got four years to think about what you'll tell them, because I guarantee he doesn't tell them.  You'll need to get them ready for the shock of finding out they will have a sibling in the same school, if not the same grade as your youngest.  Let's just hope there isn't more of them running around.  Good luck.

Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN