Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband has a baby with another woman **EDIT** **EDIT**

I just found out today that my soon-to-be-ex husband has a child with another woman. Him and this woman dated for about two months in the spring of last year. She contacted me a few months ago saying she was pregnant by him and that she didnt want him to know(they had split by this time). I didnt really believe her. Well, today she contacts me and tells me that she had the baby this morning. She sent me a pic. Needless to say, the baby looks just like my kids. She said that now she does not care wether he knows that its his baby or not. I dont know what to do. I have four kids with this asshole. They are 5, 6, 7, and 6 months. How the hell do I tell my kids that they have a baby sister? And that I dont know if they can see her or not. I told him that he needs to explain it because it is not my deal. I am not the parent to this baby. He said that he only cares what his new girlfriend thinks and not anyone else and that he will explain it to the kids "when they are old enough to understand". WHAT SHOULD I DO???

EDIT

She wants the baby to have a relationship with my kids. I have contacted a divorce lawyer, but I havent had a chance to let her know about this yet. This woman and baby live VERY close to me and my kids. My kids will see this baby somewhere eventually, then what? BTW the asshole says the baby isnt his (which he said about all four of mine till the dna tests came back)

EDIT #2

He demanded dna tests after baby number 4 was born. I left him when I was pregnant with her. After she was born I filed for CS. The asshole wanted dna tests to "make sure they were his kids"

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (51-60):
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Omg wow! I would allow them to have a relationship after you have confirmed he is the dad. They have a right to know their sibling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM
What a tool. Tell her to go after child support for that baby. If he wants to deny it, she should prove it's his and get support to take care of her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
captaincw322
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Thank you for the edit # 2 because I was going to say why would you continue to have children with a man who's questioning your children's DNA? I would let him explain it. They are so young, unless you want to get into the details of how daddy had a baby with another woman, I would wait. At least till they are a little older.
Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM

BUMP!

jacandjay
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Why did you have 4kids with this guy
Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Honestly, I got with him when I was 14. Married him when I was 16. I was young and stupid and thought he could change. Then the kids came along and I thought "Oh, we need to make it work for the kids", so I was older, and still stupid. Finally, not long after I found out I was pregnant with baby number four (BC failure), I told him I was done. I left and it was the best decision of my life. So, in a nutshell, stupidity was the reason.

Quoting jacandjay:

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Good for you for being the adult and not taking it out on the child! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM

jeez this guy is no prize....women and babies all over town...be glad u left when u did

jacandjay
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Well at least you got away now... just keep going and never go back... i have 2 kids with 2ex i never should have married but hey i have 2beautiful kids was i stupid for a while yea... but i realized it and got away fast...

Quoting Mommyoffour456:

Honestly, I got with him when I was 14. Married him when I was 16. I was young and stupid and thought he could change. Then the kids came along and I thought "Oh, we need to make it work for the kids", so I was older, and still stupid. Finally, not long after I found out I was pregnant with baby number four (BC failure), I told him I was done. I left and it was the best decision of my life. So, in a nutshell, stupidity was the reason.

Quoting jacandjay:

jacandjay
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Heres my babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured