Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has a baby with another woman **EDIT** **EDIT**

I just found out today that my soon-to-be-ex husband has a child with another woman. Him and this woman dated for about two months in the spring of last year. She contacted me a few months ago saying she was pregnant by him and that she didnt want him to know(they had split by this time). I didnt really believe her. Well, today she contacts me and tells me that she had the baby this morning. She sent me a pic. Needless to say, the baby looks just like my kids. She said that now she does not care wether he knows that its his baby or not. I dont know what to do. I have four kids with this asshole. They are 5, 6, 7, and 6 months. How the hell do I tell my kids that they have a baby sister? And that I dont know if they can see her or not. I told him that he needs to explain it because it is not my deal. I am not the parent to this baby. He said that he only cares what his new girlfriend thinks and not anyone else and that he will explain it to the kids "when they are old enough to understand". WHAT SHOULD I DO???

EDIT

She wants the baby to have a relationship with my kids. I have contacted a divorce lawyer, but I havent had a chance to let her know about this yet. This woman and baby live VERY close to me and my kids. My kids will see this baby somewhere eventually, then what? BTW the asshole says the baby isnt his (which he said about all four of mine till the dna tests came back)

EDIT #2

He demanded dna tests after baby number 4 was born. I left him when I was pregnant with her. After she was born I filed for CS. The asshole wanted dna tests to "make sure they were his kids"

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (91-95):
surromama
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I think you sound very mature. You got yourself out of a bad situation, your moving on with someone that sounds like a great guy and your willing to allow this woman to be a part of your lives. Great job! It will be a little hard for the kids to understand, but I think the sooner the better, years down the road may complicate things and/or make them wonder/regret not knowing their sibling earlier.
Best of luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM
holy cluster fuck batman
Aniger
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I wouldn't worry about it and would tell her that it is not my problem and to work it out with the Ass hole.  I would not get my kids involved in this mess.  Say goodbye and good riddance and don't look back.  If the father wants the kids to know their half sister, let him deal with it.  I would wash my hands of the whole thing and move on with my life.

Mommyoffour456
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM

BUMP!

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM

My ex has a child with another woman who is 5 months younger than our youngest. It was a one night stand and the woman contacted me when he was born for our kids to have a playdate. We had already split up by then cause he cheated with his now wife, I didn't know about this one.

I told her I wasn't interested. My ex has and had nothing to do with our kids since the split and I will never know how many women there were or will be with my childrens' siblings. She was upset because ex wasn't acknowledging their child and she wanted her son to have family. I told her sorry, but he was my husband- legally he was still was at the time- and he didn't acknowledge the kids he raised with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN