Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

just out of curiosity...what temp do you keep your house at?

Posted by   + Show Post

and where do you live? how cold or hot does it get there. 

In the winter time, I keep it at 73 during the day and drop it to 64 at night. 

We live in central illiois where it is 40 down to negative 6 or so. 

During the summers I keep it at 65. it usually gets in the nineties, sometimes hundreds.

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Replies (31-36):
parisonmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Depending how cold but normally 68-70°.

I live in the northeast part of ks so.it gets cold enough to keep it running till it hits 75° sometimes.

It gets hot so i have the AC like on 40°-50°.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

depends on the season

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

we keep it between 70-72. we get as cold as -59F in the winter (happened today *pout*) and in the summer get around 86F-ish

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

In the summer, it can get up to 115, and in the winter -24. So in the winter, we but out the spac heaters and keep it a consistent 74 (or as close to that as we can). In the summer, we keep fans and cool mist humidifiers on with all windows open to keep it as close as possbile to 64. We are in a basement apartment, so in spring we just leave the windows open, and in fall we keep them closed. Simple, kinda.

addyangel
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I live in Missouri and have been keeping it at 70 but mostly because we have a newborn. Otherwise I keep it around 68-69. Last summer was brutal and being 800 months pregnant we kept it pretty cool, 63-64. This summer I'd say we will probably put it back up to about 67-70.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Where the fireplace insert keeps it between 60-80 depending on the outside temp. Its been in the 30's the last week or so. I live in Va.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)