Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughters father is in jail up to 20 yeArs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was my first love i met him when i was 13 since then he was always in problems with the law most of our realatinship he was in and out of juvy. Now he is in jAil he has court tomorow and might give him up to 20 years. Me and him had a huge fight before he got cought (he was on the run like for a year) so since his been in jail i havent talked to him or anything i knw he got another girl pregnant before he got cought and shes been paying for lawyers and they are going to het married hes brother told me he asked for my adress but i dnt knw if to keep contact with him or not i kinda feel bad for him he is barely 22
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
mshill12
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I hope he gets it this time.  He has 2 felonys and I think 3 means life... not completely sure.  It kills me that they do go through it.  But at the same time I am exteremly blessed to have my husband who is more than willing to be the father figure in their life and raise these kids like they are his own.  He works and as of right now I have been staying home with the kids.  For him to go to work and support my boys and buy them the things they need as if they were his own is the best thing he could ever do for them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

:( wow i hope my daighter wont go throgh anything like that since she does not remember him. I hope your kids are able to cope with it. And lets hope this time hes doing make him change

Quoting mshill12:

My ex's mother takes them to see him and they do fine.  I'm glad he is a great daddy but sometimes I wish he was a better person.  I don't mind that we didn't work out.  I'm fine with it.  Believe it or not we get along great usually being that we are not together.  He has changed ALOT but in someways he is just not him.  On bail all he did was drink... was careless and driving drunk.  He hardly ever had the kids.  Told me he didn't feel like he could be a daddy.  I worry how he is gonna me when he gets out. and worry that he may put himself back there.  He doesn't have a good relationship with his father never has and I don't want that for my boys but I fear it may happen :(  Its just really hard on them that there daddy aint around.  I cry for them somedays because I just don't know what to do for them on the days they really miss daddy.  The love when they get to see him don't understand why daddy can't do anything other than sit ther.  They don't really understand why daddy is gone just that he did something bad.  They talk to him on the phone on the weekends when they are visiting their grandmother.

Quoting Anonymous:

:( i am sorry to hear that. Have they ever visited him in prisson? If so what was their reaction. My ex he was always good to me and the times he saw my daighter he was a whole different person tje way he would talke to her and treat her it wasemt the bad guy that everyone else knew... But atleast they have a father figure and a good one so does my daughter to her my father is her only father figure

Quoting mshill12:

Thats good.  My ex was getting in trouble alot the whole time we were together.  Which was like close to 10 years (thats including the time we weren't married).  I didn't really smarten up when I should have he was abusive.  In trouble with the law for domestic violence and stuff he did while drinking.  These 2 serious charges we were separated and when he got out on bail he wasn't the same father.  He hasn't seen them much while in prison.  My kids miss him terribly.  Also so you know he was never and has never been abusive to the kids.  Thats not him... he just has issues with women apparently.  Either was my kids miss him and its hard on them and they want their daddy.  And somedays I just wanna go visit him and smack the shit outta him for leaving these little boys.  Though I am glad they have my husband (their step father) in their life being the daddy figure while their father is away but it is very hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you and good thing she didnt i left him when i found out i was pregnant and then he went to jail for another thing i dnt realy knw why shes seen him like 5 times and she does not remeber so am just not going to let him have contact with him until shes old enogh to decide her self but it does feel bad to think about the kids in this situation i knw it was my choice but i was way to young and in love but i got my head together and left him

Quoting mshill12:

I'm sorry :( My 2 older boys dad is in prison right now.  Its hard on them.  Thank God it is not going to be 20 years but he was facing 25.  He pled out to 1 and 1/3 to 3 years because lawyers said he would prob lose in court.  I believe he gets out in July but my kids are hurt.  I am afraid that they even when he gets out wont have much of a relationship with him.   They are 6 and 8.  Daddy I believe has been away not for close to 4 years.  Two different sentences.  I am so sorry... If your daughter has a relationship with her father than I think maybe you may want to keep in contact for her sake and let her decide later but if not just let it go.  Really it is to much for kids to handle.  I feel so bad for mine and hate my ex husband so much sometimes for leaving them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM
You didnt have to read it. ;) ok

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy cow... you need a dictionary. That post hurt my eyes. I can't read any of that without thinking that you are really uneducated. As far as the being in jail, if he did it, he deserves it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Well good. Maybe you can do something with your life now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Sounds like my BIL. He's been in and out of jail since he was a teen. Fathered a bunch of kids by a bunch of different women. Obviously, doesn't take care of them. Maybe the newest, I don't know. He's 35 now. Still the same old shit as always.

It won't get any better. Move on and raise your child without him. And pray he leaves you alone if and when he gets out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive been taking care of her on my own since she was born and now shes 4 i dont need a him or any guy to take care of my daughter thank god i have a job and my daughter has everything she needs and wAnts.

Quoting mamacough:

Why do you feel sorry for him? He made the decisions that got him put in jail. You really should concentrate on your child and how your going to take care of her without him.

I am so glad for you being independent !  But really don't waste your time on feeling sorry for him. Good luck on your journey.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Kind of ironic. I can't read your post without getting a headache. The color is awful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy cow... you need a dictionary. That post hurt my eyes. I can't read any of that without thinking that you are really uneducated. As far as the being in jail, if he did it, he deserves it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Wow really? What state are you in? My son`s father got 7 1/2 years for aggrevated burgerly, agg robbery and kidnapping

Quoting Anonymous:

Aggrevated robery aggrevate

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Oh sweet baby Jesus
hargonagain
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM

So, why exactly do you feel sorry for him? He shot someone and is a violent criminal!  I would think you would be glad NOT to have your child around a person like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Tank you

Quoting mamacough:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive been taking care of her on my own since she was born and now shes 4 i dont need a him or any guy to take care of my daughter thank god i have a job and my daughter has everything she needs and wAnts.

Quoting mamacough:

Why do you feel sorry for him? He made the decisions that got him put in jail. You really should concentrate on your child and how your going to take care of her without him.

I am so glad for you being independent !  But really don't waste your time on feeling sorry for him. Good luck on your journey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)