Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughters father is in jail up to 20 yeArs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was my first love i met him when i was 13 since then he was always in problems with the law most of our realatinship he was in and out of juvy. Now he is in jAil he has court tomorow and might give him up to 20 years. Me and him had a huge fight before he got cought (he was on the run like for a year) so since his been in jail i havent talked to him or anything i knw he got another girl pregnant before he got cought and shes been paying for lawyers and they are going to het married hes brother told me he asked for my adress but i dnt knw if to keep contact with him or not i kinda feel bad for him he is barely 22
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Because of my daughter and he just saw her a couple of times. And it was agg robbery and agg battery i think its because he shot the person. And i guess he girlfriend is paying for a good lawyer so he can get leas time this is what hes brother tells me thogh i didnt give him my adress so i havent writen him. And i dnt think i will. Thanks thogh. Can i ask if ot was really hard on you knowing your dad was in jail i dnt knw how my daughter will deal with it when she asks

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Why is he asking for your address if he's getting married? Does he see your daughter?

For assault and robbery he'd have to have a real shit head of a judge to give him 20 years. Especially since this'll be his first time in actual prison.

My dad went to prison for armed robbery and got 20 years. But even that is ridiculous, he had the book thrown at him majorly. But its also his second time in.

So seriously, I wouldn't count on a 20 year sentence. I'd say 5-8.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Quoting Anonymous:

And aggrevated assault

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope everything works out for you.and your daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah thats something i might do

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly it would not hurt to open the door.  Get a hold of her somehow, maybe Facebook if you both have one, and just tell her that your kids are going to be siblings and you would like for them to know each other, leave her your phone number then just leave it at that.  She may not be ready to contact you right away, but in time she might.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive never met her before but for what i hear i dnt think she likes me shes older then me but i think shes immature. I wouldnt mind them knowing about eachother but i dont think shell want that

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is going to be hard on both of you.  Do you guys get along?  Maybe try and be there for each other.  Your kids will be siblings.  If they grew up knowing about each other it might make it easier on them.  I know it sounds like I am thinking the perfect scenario, but maybe it is something to think about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I moved on i ended it with him when i found out i was pregnant i was a teen i knew he was not a good person and just had a little contact with him after so am good but i cant help but feel bad after all he was my first love and even thogh he is a bad person he is the father of my child. Now i think its going to be harder on that new girl then it is on me

Quoting Anonymous:

A friend of mines husband is in jail for 40 years and they have a sick baby.  My heart breaks for her, she does not deserve this.  Honestly I think it is harder on her to try and stay with him.  If you feel you can move on then that is what I would suggest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Your welcome

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope everything works out for you.and your daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah thats something i might do

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly it would not hurt to open the door.  Get a hold of her somehow, maybe Facebook if you both have one, and just tell her that your kids are going to be siblings and you would like for them to know each other, leave her your phone number then just leave it at that.  She may not be ready to contact you right away, but in time she might.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive never met her before but for what i hear i dnt think she likes me shes older then me but i think shes immature. I wouldnt mind them knowing about eachother but i dont think shell want that

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is going to be hard on both of you.  Do you guys get along?  Maybe try and be there for each other.  Your kids will be siblings.  If they grew up knowing about each other it might make it easier on them.  I know it sounds like I am thinking the perfect scenario, but maybe it is something to think about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I moved on i ended it with him when i found out i was pregnant i was a teen i knew he was not a good person and just had a little contact with him after so am good but i cant help but feel bad after all he was my first love and even thogh he is a bad person he is the father of my child. Now i think its going to be harder on that new girl then it is on me

Quoting Anonymous:

A friend of mines husband is in jail for 40 years and they have a sick baby.  My heart breaks for her, she does not deserve this.  Honestly I think it is harder on her to try and stay with him.  If you feel you can move on then that is what I would suggest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Maybe he is bored and wants to write letters? I dont know. My ex husband is in prison with 9 years to go and several months ago he told me he would no longer be contacting me. I was so excited I almost framed the letter lol but he's been trying to call me lately. I'm afraid to answer lol
Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Okay I didn't see he shot someone. Well at least they didn't die?

It's really difficult having him in prison. He went back when I was 8 . But for me its hard because I've always been so close to him...maybe it'll be different with your daughter since she doesn't really even know him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because of my daughter and he just saw her a couple of times. And it was agg robbery and agg battery i think its because he shot the person. And i guess he girlfriend is paying for a good lawyer so he can get leas time this is what hes brother tells me thogh i didnt give him my adress so i havent writen him. And i dnt think i will. Thanks thogh. Can i ask if ot was really hard on you knowing your dad was in jail i dnt knw how my daughter will deal with it when she asks

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Why is he asking for your address if he's getting married? Does he see your daughter?

For assault and robbery he'd have to have a real shit head of a judge to give him 20 years. Especially since this'll be his first time in actual prison.

My dad went to prison for armed robbery and got 20 years. But even that is ridiculous, he had the book thrown at him majorly. But its also his second time in.

Quoting Anonymous:

And aggrevated assault

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Maybe lol. I think phone calls would be worst then letters

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he is bored and wants to write letters? I dont know. My ex husband is in prison with 9 years to go and several months ago he told me he would no longer be contacting me. I was so excited I almost framed the letter lol but he's been trying to call me lately. I'm afraid to answer lol

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I wouldn't stay in touch with someone like that...Nope no way

IF and when he ever gets out and straightens up...I may let him have contact with the child BUT I would not be taking my child to visit him in prison...no way in hell

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
He didnt die. And i hope it wont be hard on her just that people are to judgemental so i hope it never effects her

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

It's really difficult having him in prison. He went back when I was 8 . But for me its hard because I've always been so close to him...maybe it'll be different with your daughter since she doesn't really even know him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Quoting Anonymous:

And aggrevated assault

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh for sure i wont be doing that!

Quoting Sassy762:

I wouldn't stay in touch with someone like that...Nope no way

IF and when he ever gets out and straightens up...I may let him have contact with the child BUT I would not be taking my child to visit him in prison...no way in hell

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Yeah, they are. I HATE when people automatically think everyone in prison are horrible peoplr. There are bad ones of course, but a lot of times people just get the short end if the stick. I'd just explain it to her that he's not some monster, and that people change. I hope he cleans his act up.

Quoting Anonymous:

He didnt die. And i hope it wont be hard on her just that people are to judgemental so i hope it never effects her

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Quoting Anonymous:

And aggrevated assault

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)