Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The evilness...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so, I understand that a lot of people won't touch this & a lot will be mean. But, still...
I lost my best friend to meth about 6 years ago. I don't mean she died, thank god she didn't. I mean a very special person became addicted to viscous wicked drug that changed everything I knew to be true about her. Recently she's gotten clean & had a baby.its not how anyone would have chosen to get their shit together, but she's done it. We've been phone"hanging out" and it's like the real her. For the first time in YEARS it's my best friend, funny and clever & kind... I didn't even realize how much I missed her till I got her back. I had convinced myself that she was dead, since most likely I would hear soon that she was.
She's a great mom, and trying to get home. I'm so proud of her. I pray that she keeps making the right choices. I'll support her however I can.
That's all. I've missed her so much. Immediately glad & hopeful. If you personally, or via a loved one have survived the evilness of meth here's the place to brag. It's the most wretched thing ever created. I hope that someone out there fighting knows that there's light at the end of the tunnel. There's people rooting for you. Who love and miss you. Stay strong.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this

DH was a meth head for two years before I met him.  He's completely clean now. He is sucessful, a great father, and a pefect partner.

Hope she stays clean OP, I know exactly what you mean.

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome, there is hope for these people. I couldnt image being stuck in that and how hard these people really have to dig there way out to get back above ground. God bless your friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know anyone personally that has been addicted to meth, but my son was addicted to pills. It's a long hard battleground fight everyday once you mange to get clean.

im happy your friend has found the strength and courage to get clean and stay that way, she is lucky to have a friend like you.

i wish her the best

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this

It was coke for me, I've been clean 8 years and 11 days now :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Thanks mamas!! I appreciate the positivity more than I can express!!
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I hope she stays clean, it's such a bastard trap so easy to fall into again. Good for her, I hope she can stay strong!! And congrats on getting your friend back.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

your_angel
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM
My dds Bio dad left us to pursue a Meth addiction. We haven't heard from him but a few times in the past three years and truth be told I'm still bitter. I've definitely moved on and my DD has a father and all is well here. But I hate him. With every inch of my soul I do because I do understand how rough addiction is but he should have never picked it up. As bad as he is out there it'll probably kill him honestly.
Sorry for the morbidity. This was not a success story.
I am however glad that you have your friend back op I hope she is doing well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM
:) You are a good woman to forgive her. My sister was a druggie, and she got pregnant and sobered up. Seven years clean!!! It took me 2 years to be able to trust her and forgive her for all the shit that happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)