Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

married men on dating sites cheating and they are sneaky. Update!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm newly divorced and online dating. I met My ex online dating. Married 7 Years. I can't get over how many married men try to talk to me. Even when I post I'm not looking for friends with benefits or a hook up. Makes me ill. Plus they r sneaky by not posting pics but sending them by e-mail or Text. So all you ladies so sure your man won't cheat. Don't be to sure. I have lost faith in men from this. I'm moible sorry for the tyos if there are any.

>>> Woke up to another poor married soul (with no photo) who's dealing with a divorce and the wifey is dragging him through the coals. He just needs someone to talk to. Are these guy for real?? Is anyone falling for this junk?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Quoting zoo003:

As with women, there are men who cheat and there are those who won't.  However, because your on an online dating site (not saying that is bad in any way), you have been exposed to the one's that will.  That is sad, but just keep in mind, that is a small percentage of the male population.  There are many that won't.   

Lets see this is from a well known study. To me it's a very lare percent.

17 percent of divorces are caused by infidelity! That's an amazing number, considering there are so many other reasons for divorce ...

About 70 percent of married men admitted to cheating on their wives! Another study found that 2/3 of women are not aware of their husband's affair. ”
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

You don't have to convince me.  I thought I had a great guy that would never cheat and found out differently.  Don't know if I will ever get over it.  And yes, he met her online.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

You don't have to convince me.  I thought I had a great guy that would never cheat and found out differently.  Don't know if I will ever get over it.  And yes, he met her online.

Lol. I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just saying it can happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Eh I'm still positive my husband would never cheat. It does suck that there are so many assholes out there.
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

well this gives me absolutely no hope in ever finding a mate.

zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I would be interested to see where this was referenced from.  I did find only one reference to this from Fox online news (which also stated that 50-60% of all married women cheat), but everywhere else said that their statistics were no where near these numbers.  The numbers I looked at were between 21% (which a vast majority stated it was around this number)-60%.  

These are just a few of my quick searches:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/infidelity-statistics/

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/cheating-and-infidelity/stats-about-infidelity.html

http://www.love-sessions.com/cheating_statistics.htm

However, it doesn't matter what the numbers are, much of a person's opinion comes from experiences.  Since you have had this experience, you may be of the opinion that many men are cheaters.  However, on the other hand, I have the opposite experience.  All of the men that I have known have been honest and faithful.  It just depends upon your point of view and in no way, shape or form am I saying that someone with the opposite view isn't entitled to it,  instead, I am just giving a view into mine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zoo003:

As with women, there are men who cheat and there are those who won't.  However, because your on an online dating site (not saying that is bad in any way), you have been exposed to the one's that will.  That is sad, but just keep in mind, that is a small percentage of the male population.  There are many that won't.   

40 percent of divorces are caused by infidelity! That's an amazing number, considering there are so many other reasons for divorce ...

About 70 percent of married men admitted to cheating on their wives! Another study found that 2/3 of women are not aware of their husband's affair. ”

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Yes, but my post was specifically about men.  I know women cheat also, we are just better at it. No one can ever know what's going on in another persons mind, even if they are telling you different.

Quoting zoo003:

I would be interested to see where this was referenced from.  I did find only one reference to this from Fox online news (which also stated that 50-60% of all married women cheat), but everywhere else said that their statistics were no where near these numbers.  The numbers I looked at were between 21% (which a vast majority stated it was around this number)-60%.  

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/cheating-and-infidelity/stats-about-infidelity.html

However, it doesn't matter what the numbers are, much of a person's opinion comes from experiences.  Since you have had this experience, you may be of the opinion that many men are cheaters.  However, on the other hand, I have the opposite experience.  All of the men that I have known have been honest and faithful.  It just depends upon your point of view and in no way, shape or form am I saying that someone with the opposite view isn't entitled to it,  instead, I am just giving a view into mine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zoo003:

40 percent of divorces are caused by infidelity! That's an amazing number, considering there are so many other reasons for divorce ...

zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

You are right, we don't know what is going on behind closed doors.  However, I also choose to trust those within my life until proven otherwise and I don't judge all just because there are some that do cheat. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but my post was specifically about men.  I know women cheat also, we are just better at it. No one can ever know what's going on in another persons mind, even if they are telling you different.

Quoting zoo003:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zoo003:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I was briefly on Match.com about 8 years ago. This guy contacts me. He didn't have a picture on his profile, but said he'd email some to me. I about pissed my pants. It was my ex's cousin's husband!!! I mean, no doubt whatsoever, you know how people can resemble someone closely, this guy had the same profession, lived in the same small town, and when he gave me his email address, it was his first initial and last name. I have no idea how he didn't recognize me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN