Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My twins are 5 years old. I love them to pieces but lately they have been driving me freaking crazy! Maybe because I am pregnant but I don't know they seem to love and adore the baby and talking to it in my belly! They act on each other and fight all the time. I have to literally put them in the corner to get them to stop fighting!

I am going to look into karate and swimming this summer they enjoy both of those so maybe that will help and maybe once they start Kindergarten in the fall they will enjoy having more time out of the house and away from each other! Right now they only go to prek 2.5 hours a day 4 days a week.

If any of you have twins around my twins age or older and they act/acted crazy how do or did you solve their wildness!

S/n my twins have speech delays but I ASSSURE you they get it and they talk good now but still have a lot of jibberish talk at times.

I just hate always feeling like I am yelling or punishing someone that is not the kind of mom I want to be. I do as many activities as we can at home (I live in Pa and the weather sucks right now) but we do board games, color, puzzels, I have them dance to songs on their leap pads and have them help me with dinner and chores and so on. I just don't know sometimes what else to do to help them get along and what to do to get them to listen to me! I may start a sticker chart like they have at school that seems to work for the teachers haha!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM
My sister has twin boys who will be 6 next month. They are the exact same. She breaks up fights all day long.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I have 6 year old boy twins and they are in the wrestling stage. Somebody is ALWAYS getting hurt. I know what you mean about always feeling like you are yelling at somebody. I take it one day at a time and remind myself that it was just yesterday they were born, so time is flying very quickly, I better enjoy the time I have. 

I will send them to opposite sides of the house when things get too hectic. 

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Lol yep her and I have a lot in common it is all I do and if one isn't fighting with the other they are trying to pull one over on me!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

My sister has twin boys who will be 6 next month. They are the exact same. She breaks up fights all day long.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I never take it for granted I just hate being the mom that yells! I mean they go to their dads 2 days a week and he gets to be the fun parent and our house has to be the house with rules and it isn't fair because I have been there for them not him and I get the worst of their behavior and I get to feel like they don't like me most days :-(

I seperate them and it is a temporary fix lol!

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

I have 6 year old boy twins and they are in the wrestling stage. Somebody is ALWAYS getting hurt. I know what you mean about always feeling like you are yelling at somebody. I take it one day at a time and remind myself that it was just yesterday they were born, so time is flying very quickly, I better enjoy the time I have. 

I will send them to opposite sides of the house when things get too hectic. 

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Karate has helped some. They have a great instructor who does not let them get away with anything. One of the boys got in trouble at school and had to miss karate. His instructor showed up and helped in his class the very next week. He never had a day that bad again.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Lol yep her and I have a lot in common it is all I do and if one isn't fighting with the other they are trying to pull one over on me!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

dlnimo
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM
My twins are only 16 months but they have recently started fighting! Between them and their 4 yr old sister I raise my voice a lot!!!!!!
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Yep at the breaking up fights:)I worked until 34 weeks with both my sets..my boys are very much all boy,always trying to wrestle,run around & its crazy..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM

So, your kids are driving you crazy, and you decide to have another one?

aikimomof3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

We have 6-year-old twin girls (will be 7 next month). And yes, they get on each others' nerves often. I also feel like I am constantly yelling at one or putting one in time out, etc., but that's just what it's like being a parent of more than one kids. I also have a 2-year-old, and they love her to pieces. Sometimes my DH and I will take them to separate places so they can have some one-on-one time with us. I think that helps a lot too, because they feel special since they're doing something without their twin.

It sounds like you have normal kids and a normal house. Anytime you have more than one, there are bound to be arguments on a regular basis... that's just part of having kids. lol

MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Bless your heart!
I have twins, but they are only 17 months old. I'm afraid of how things are going to be when they get older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN