Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My twins are 5 years old. I love them to pieces but lately they have been driving me freaking crazy! Maybe because I am pregnant but I don't know they seem to love and adore the baby and talking to it in my belly! They act on each other and fight all the time. I have to literally put them in the corner to get them to stop fighting!

I am going to look into karate and swimming this summer they enjoy both of those so maybe that will help and maybe once they start Kindergarten in the fall they will enjoy having more time out of the house and away from each other! Right now they only go to prek 2.5 hours a day 4 days a week.

If any of you have twins around my twins age or older and they act/acted crazy how do or did you solve their wildness!

S/n my twins have speech delays but I ASSSURE you they get it and they talk good now but still have a lot of jibberish talk at times.

I just hate always feeling like I am yelling or punishing someone that is not the kind of mom I want to be. I do as many activities as we can at home (I live in Pa and the weather sucks right now) but we do board games, color, puzzels, I have them dance to songs on their leap pads and have them help me with dinner and chores and so on. I just don't know sometimes what else to do to help them get along and what to do to get them to listen to me! I may start a sticker chart like they have at school that seems to work for the teachers haha!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
mariesmama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM

so your 5 yr olds still have speech delays? my 3 yr old does too i was hoping it would be something she'd grow out of......

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Always one in the crowd that will have to say something. Yes I did just because they drive me crazy and I was asking other mothers of twins what their experiences are like doesn't mean I cannot have or handle another but thanks for your un wanted input. Have a nice day!

Quoting Anonymous:

So, your kids are driving you crazy, and you decide to have another one?

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Well it only seems to be the one who started talking later (around 2years old). He can talk and for the most part I do and others can also understand him but he just makes words up lol he has his own language! I would get her into speech therapy as soon as you can it did help me alot with my boys! Plus if it is only one they will have a lot more time to spend working with just her.

Quoting mariesmama:

so your 5 yr olds still have speech delays? my 3 yr old does too i was hoping it would be something she'd grow out of......

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM

That is great he is so involved in really helping the kids! That is kind of what I am hoping to get my boys have structure but they need focus and I feel like Karate would help them with that. The last thing I want to do is have a doctor tell me they have adhd and add and they need meds because I am not against it but it would take a lot of convincing me to want to put my kids on it!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Karate has helped some. They have a great instructor who does not let them get away with anything. One of the boys got in trouble at school and had to miss karate. His instructor showed up and helped in his class the very next week. He never had a day that bad again.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Lol yep her and I have a lot in common it is all I do and if one isn't fighting with the other they are trying to pull one over on me!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

My sister has twin boys who will be 6 next month. They are the exact same. She breaks up fights all day long.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

And it only gets crazier!! As they get older they will come with new challanges but I think the most wonderful heartwarming moments are seeing them be sweet and play with one another :-) I love that! I love watching them become older and more independent too :-)

Quoting dlnimo:

My twins are only 16 months but they have recently started fighting! Between them and their 4 yr old sister I raise my voice a lot!!!!!!

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I had mine at 34 weeks! I am glad I didn't work that long. I was just having to many issues with that pregnancy. A total 360 from this pregnancy that has been wonderful and going smoothly! I have fart making, booger picking, dirt flinging boys I don't know how much bigger boy they could be!

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Yep at the breaking up fights:)I worked until 34 weeks with both my sets..my boys are very much all boy,always trying to wrestle,run around & its crazy..

Double_Trouble
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Here are my twins and my youngest. They drive me crazy most of the time with all fighting and bickering that goes on. I try to keep them busy with crafts and things like that. But there r the days that I feel like I tell the entire day. I try to keep my cool but it is very trying some days. Extra activities would defiantly be a great idea. Keep the busy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
My sister is going through it with one of hers. It has been a very long road and he is finally on meds. It has been a long, hard process. She questions her decisions often.

Quoting jackieb2811:

That is great he is so involved in really helping the kids! That is kind of what I am hoping to get my boys have structure but they need focus and I feel like Karate would help them with that. The last thing I want to do is have a doctor tell me they have adhd and add and they need meds because I am not against it but it would take a lot of convincing me to want to put my kids on it!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Karate has helped some. They have a great instructor who does not let them get away with anything. One of the boys got in trouble at school and had to miss karate. His instructor showed up and helped in his class the very next week. He never had a day that bad again.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Lol yep her and I have a lot in common it is all I do and if one isn't fighting with the other they are trying to pull one over on me!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

My sister has twin boys who will be 6 next month. They are the exact same. She breaks up fights all day long.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
My twins are only 2. There are days all I do is break up the fights. Other days they are sweet as pie to each other. Emma has a stronger personality than Jacob does and shes normally the bossy one. But Jacob is much more stubborn. I keep waiting for it to get easier. LOL. And if those two aren't fighting. My older two are...but they aren't twins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Yeah one of my best friends sons is on ridline (sp) and while it has helped in school she still feels bad about it.

You have to do what you feel is best and she shouldn't but it is a hard choice to make!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

My sister is going through it with one of hers. It has been a very long road and he is finally on meds. It has been a long, hard process. She questions her decisions often.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN