Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My twins are 5 years old. I love them to pieces but lately they have been driving me freaking crazy! Maybe because I am pregnant but I don't know they seem to love and adore the baby and talking to it in my belly! They act on each other and fight all the time. I have to literally put them in the corner to get them to stop fighting!

I am going to look into karate and swimming this summer they enjoy both of those so maybe that will help and maybe once they start Kindergarten in the fall they will enjoy having more time out of the house and away from each other! Right now they only go to prek 2.5 hours a day 4 days a week.

If any of you have twins around my twins age or older and they act/acted crazy how do or did you solve their wildness!

S/n my twins have speech delays but I ASSSURE you they get it and they talk good now but still have a lot of jibberish talk at times.

I just hate always feeling like I am yelling or punishing someone that is not the kind of mom I want to be. I do as many activities as we can at home (I live in Pa and the weather sucks right now) but we do board games, color, puzzels, I have them dance to songs on their leap pads and have them help me with dinner and chores and so on. I just don't know sometimes what else to do to help them get along and what to do to get them to listen to me! I may start a sticker chart like they have at school that seems to work for the teachers haha!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Replies (91-96):
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Oh My Squeeeeeeeeeeeee! They are too cute!

Quoting My-mono-twins:

Mikaile n Noelle,,,, They are the babies I have 6 total. I really thought I was gonna lose it today!!! I had to sit in my truck for about 15 min....there so LOUD!!!!  

Quoting jackieb2811:

I talk about how wild my boys are no one believes me until they see it in person lol! I joke all the time that since they walked and talked late they are making up for it now and it sure feels that way sometimes! Do you have boys, girls or b/g

Quoting My-mono-twins:

I have 2yr old twins......I know how you feel, mine r driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Hahahaha yep!!! I was just laughin with SO this morning how Carter makes up and adds in his own words when he talks lol! Conversations will go "mom can I have bugna ishy mauna and some tea" Which is " mom can I have some tuna fish and mayo and tea" lol!

Quoting My-mono-twins

I know hahahaha people have no clue how I know what there sayin,,,,Its like....heiy hi dontmue wee yaya, oh u want some milk...lol, jezzz

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am finding it is a lot more common in twins but than again I don't know I know as a mom of twins I don't compare them but I used to do it when they were younger I seen what one is doing and not the other I would start to worry but then the other would catch up and pass the other up and now I just see they are just different and like different things and are good at different things so comparing and trying to force them to be on the same level is unfair. Just think of it like this if you have girls a few years apart one may have started doing things before or after the other.

lol I say that too that my one boy Carter he is behind in speech and his words sometimes sound foreign! He gets super excited sometimes too and that is when it is really hard to understand what he is talking about I just piece together what I think he said and have a conversation with him that way lmao!

Quoting My-mono-twins:

My girls are not talking well either, is that normal??? They say some words then its like Im in china or somethin...

twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:13 AM
wow I'm glad they checked you!thats scary.im
glad they found it though & ita agree with you on knowing what to expect w/the c section.your boys sound as crazy as mine were in utero:)people look at me like I'm nuts when I say they were seriously like this since birth but they truly were:)!with wyatt & violet,they are much calmer & just have a different dynamic than the boy altogether.violet is more like them than wyatt though.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I meant left ovarian vein clot it is a blood clot in a vein in the left ovary which is very uncommon and life threatening (like any blood clot) but mine was deep in my pelvis and had they not thought I had a hernia and did a ct after they boys came I would have never known!

Lol yeah they were certainly a good size! Lucky! I had Caden and Carter were born at West Penn in Pittsburgh that hospital was amazing I am glad I delivered there! Yea the c section thing they ususally will not even suggest it until there is at least 5 years in between! I had one twin head down and other was breech lol yours seemed like wild ones with their positions haha

My OB asked about me having a vbac but I chose c section because I am afriad of bleeding out to much and needing surgery to stop it or something since I am on blood thinners. Plus I know what to expect I just feel more comfortable going that route this time :-)

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

I'm glad this pregnancy has been easier on you! What is a left ovarian blood clot?my 2nd set were actually the biggest set born at the hospital i delivered at(good Sam in Lebanon pa-just a small community hospital) & their criteria to deliver me there that I was 36 weeks,if I had delivered prior to that then i would've had to deliver at Hershey med.i wanted to try for a vaginal delivery w/my boys-Elijah was head down but Peyton was transverse so i had a c-section.with wyatt & violet,my drs would not even attempt to vbac a set of twins even though they were both head down.are you having a repeat c-section or trying for a vbac w/this baby? I wanted a vbac but my drs felt it was too risky & I trusted their judgement.

Quoting jackieb2811:

My pre e came on suddly too I was at the hospital days before for contractions and they stopped them and then by the weekend I went in for what I thought was me leaking fluid and here after doing urine sample again they said I had protien in my urine. So since I was early the took me by ambulance to a bigger hospital in the city and put me on mag sulfate and I labored for 12hours and was progressing (I was trying for a vag delivery) and then by morning I was so sick I had to have a section. They weighted Caden was 4lbs 11oz and was 16.5 inches and Carter was 4lbs 1oz 16 inches long. I cried a lot because it was really hard to see my babies have to suffer through that! This pregnancy I have had no bleeding (I bled for the first 3 months with my twins and then once before I even had my m/c with last pregnancy and none this time) I also am on lovenox and have to give myself a shot everyday which I think is what is helping! I had a Left Ovarian blood clot which is VERY rare so the doctors were concerned it would happen again. Your twins were pretty good sizes for being a few weeks early!!

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Lol!! That sounds like my boys to a t:)...I had both my sets at 36 + 4 & w/Peyton & Elijah,my pregnancy was great-no issues & with wyatt & violet,I also had no issues until the day i delivered & I had gone in just for a routine nst & my blood pressure was 200/110 & I had developed sudden,severe preeclampsia & then postpartum eclampsia after my c-section.i almost died.i took for granted I'd just sail right through my 2nd pregnancy & delivery & it was a really scary time.how much did yours weigh?elijah was 7 lbs,Peyton was 5 lb 10 oz,wyatt was 7 lbs & violet was 7 lb 2 oz..Peyton did see a speech language pathologist for feeding issues until he was 1 because he was born with laryngomalacia & it caused huge feeding issues-he was totally averted & I remember crying my eyes out back in those days because it was so hard.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I had mine at 34 weeks! I am glad I didn't work that long. I was just having to many issues with that pregnancy. A total 360 from this pregnancy that has been wonderful and going smoothly! I have fart making, booger picking, dirt flinging boys I don't know how much bigger boy they could be!

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Yep at the breaking up fights:)I worked until 34 weeks with both my sets..my boys are very much all boy,always trying to wrestle,run around & its crazy..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I'll try & post a pic after work today:).lol twin talk!yes that's exactly what it is!and it sounds gibberish to me,but they know what they're saying.my younger set are still not sleeping through the night & I seem to remember my boys being like 2 until they did,much later than most kids but that's just the way they were..

Quoting jackieb2811:

Oh for sure my boys have their own way of talking and Caden the one that talks good sometimes talks to Carter in his twin talk lol To post a pic just click add photo and search browse photo and select the one you want and click insert.

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

My boys also did not start talking until about age 2 & this is gonna sound crazy but they could communicate w/each other way before they talked to me.and I work in a child care center & I've seen it w/other twins in there as well.do you guys know what I mean?and all your kids are so cute!!how do I post a picture of mine?i am usually on my phone,but can use a pc..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
My-mono-twins
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Thanks there a handfullllllllll

Quoting mommamaggi:

Oh My Squeeeeeeeeeeeee! They are too cute!

Quoting My-mono-twins:

Mikaile n Noelle,,,, They are the babies I have 6 total. I really thought I was gonna lose it today!!! I had to sit in my truck for about 15 min....there so LOUD!!!!  

Quoting jackieb2811:

I talk about how wild my boys are no one believes me until they see it in person lol! I joke all the time that since they walked and talked late they are making up for it now and it sure feels that way sometimes! Do you have boys, girls or b/g

Quoting My-mono-twins:

I have 2yr old twins......I know how you feel, mine r driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

My-mono-twins
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM

hahahah!!

Quoting jackieb2811:

Hahahaha yep!!! I was just laughin with SO this morning how Carter makes up and adds in his own words when he talks lol! Conversations will go "mom can I have bugna ishy mauna and some tea" Which is " mom can I have some tuna fish and mayo and tea" lol!

Quoting My-mono-twins

I know hahahaha people have no clue how I know what there sayin,,,,Its like....heiy hi dontmue wee yaya, oh u want some milk...lol, jezzz

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am finding it is a lot more common in twins but than again I don't know I know as a mom of twins I don't compare them but I used to do it when they were younger I seen what one is doing and not the other I would start to worry but then the other would catch up and pass the other up and now I just see they are just different and like different things and are good at different things so comparing and trying to force them to be on the same level is unfair. Just think of it like this if you have girls a few years apart one may have started doing things before or after the other.

lol I say that too that my one boy Carter he is behind in speech and his words sometimes sound foreign! He gets super excited sometimes too and that is when it is really hard to understand what he is talking about I just piece together what I think he said and have a conversation with him that way lmao!

Quoting My-mono-twins:

My girls are not talking well either, is that normal??? They say some words then its like Im in china or somethin...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN