Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why does everone assume...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
2 moms liked this
That cloth diapers are so expensive and have huge start up costs? If you do it right they can be way cheap.

I got 16 used pocket diapers for $40- craigslist

And another 7 used pocket diapers for $12-fb page called cloth diaper swap

They were in brand new used condition and I don't have to buy a special laundry detergent I mean I would if my child had a problem with the cheap stuff but he doesn't. I have enough diapers that I can go 2-3 days betweenwashes .

I guess not everyone is comfortable with used but there are co-ops that you can get into then you can get brand new diapers for used prices... However it could take a month or so to get.
Just like anything in life do it right and look for a good deal.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I am not sure. My mum had to use them on me and she said it was cheaper than disposable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Buying cute ones is addicting

crying

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I would never knock cloth diapers vs disposable. But used diapers? I would not feel comfortable with that for sanitary reasons. You have to literally bleach and wash in extremely hot water to ensure it is fully sanitized.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Just curious, where did you look to find those deals?

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
What is "doing it right"? Lol. I like the super cute ones! The cheapest way isn't necessarily the "right" way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Well I mean if you actually look for a deal and shop around vs buying brand new.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

What is "doing it right"? Lol. I like the super cute ones! The cheapest way isn't necessarily the "right" way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:22 AM
One I found on craigslist the other is a fb page there iseven one on here. There are co-ops where you can purchase brand new ones for used prices.

Quoting RandiBear:

Just curious, where did you look to find those deals?

SLMitchell
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I don't know.  They are made to be washed and reused, so I do not really see why it would matter if another child used them first.  I am sure my mother used the same ones for all three of her children until they wore out.  I guess I could see why the idea that someone you may not know used them could feel "icky", I guess, but if you are going to wash them anyway and they are not horrifically stained, I do not see the problem. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never knock cloth diapers vs disposable. But used diapers? I would not feel comfortable with that for sanitary reasons. You have to literally bleach and wash in extremely hot water to ensure it is fully sanitized.

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM
You can get into a co-op for brand new ones but it could take some time.

Quoting Anonymous:

funmommy123
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I wouldn't feel comfortable buying used ones if I was having another baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured