Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this even worth responding to?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 25 Replies

My husband's aunt messaged me on facebook tonight asking when our baby is due. She already knows from facebook that the baby is a girl. I told her the due date and figured I probably wouldn't hear back from her. I get this message back telling me how excited she is the baby and her daughter get to share the same month and that if we haven't picked a name yet her and her kids are thinking it should be something "Marie" (her middle name.) I have never even met this woman. She added me on Facebook when my husband and I got married and I don't even think I have ever talked to her before tonight. Why the hell would I name my baby after her? Who even asks that of someone they have never met? My husband hates her and told me to ignore the message but I couldn't. So I messaged her back and told her we already have a name picked out but we are keeping it to ourselves until the baby gets here. So she tells me "You never know, you might change your mind once you get to see and hold her for the first time." I haven't responded to that yet. I'm not even sure it warrants a response. Would you say/do anything or just ignore it? I'm seriously annoyed.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Just ignore it. It's not that serious. You have a name for the baby so move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Ohhhh STFU

Lol people make the biggest deals out of nothing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I would just ignore it.

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM
I'd just say, "ya that's true I guess". Then roll your eyes and forget about it.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Your husband asked you to ignore her...I'm sure there is a reason...I'd take his advice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM
if you feel you have to say something, just say thank you for the idea. and move on.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Ignore and move on

raye-chan
by Raye on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Just ignore it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natalie1112
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I would tell her no I DNt think ill change my mind I love the name we choose n I've always like this name for one of my kids.
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I think your pregnancy hormones are getting to you. It's definitely not worth responding, unless you just need to fight with someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)