Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

After miscarriage. Tmi

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I had a miscarriage and a d and c about 3 weeks ago. I stopped bleeding after 3 days and then my dr said we could resume our sex life 2 weeks after the d and c. We did, however last night during sex I bled profusely. We stopped, obviously, and assumed it was me starting my period. But by this morning I wasn't bleeding anymore. What the heck is wrong with me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

You might want to give it another 2-3 weeks to give your body some time to heal.  I am so sorry for your loss :(

Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Im in the same boat confused had my twins dec fifth walked out not bleeding the tenth of dec spotting off an on stopped now nothing no period at all good luck an sorry for ur loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I have had a loss but I didn't have a d&c but my best guess it maybe your body just needs some more time to heal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Thanks, I think I will. It just seemed odd after a week and a half of no problems, this happens. Makes me wonder what's wrong with me.?

Quoting melakay1981:

You might want to give it another 2-3 weeks to give your body some time to heal.  I am so sorry for your loss :(

horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Im very sorry for your loss.  Maybe your cervix and uterus still need more time to heal.

Turtledoves
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body isnt ready yet. A miscarriage is still your body giving birth and needs time to heal. I had a natural miscarriage just two weeks ago and im still hurting when I overdo it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM
If wait a little longer. Your body is getting over something traumatic. The bleeding could be your cervix irritated too. When they do a dnc they dilate you. Basically they force your cervix open to get the procedure done. Your prob still "fragile".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I sort of remember the same thing happening to me when I had a miscarriage 8 years ago.  As long as you are not bleeding heavy I would just give it a little more time and see what happens.  If it keeps happening the I would call your Dr just to be safe. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks, I think I will. It just seemed odd after a week and a half of no problems, this happens. Makes me wonder what's wrong with me.?

Quoting melakay1981:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM
It must.i was really excited that I thought I was getting a period, because the drs said we could try again after 2 cycles. I thought it wasnt going to take as long as they said.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

I have had a loss but I didn't have a d&c but my best guess it maybe your body just needs some more time to heal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I will wait a few weeks again. poor df lol.

Quoting happy41ce:

If wait a little longer. Your body is getting over something traumatic. The bleeding could be your cervix irritated too. When they do a dnc they dilate you. Basically they force your cervix open to get the procedure done. Your prob still "fragile".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)