Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O...For those that believe in God...

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

What in your life made you start believing in God? What would you do if your child(ren) told you that they didn't want to go to church and didn't believe in God?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MPH_2010
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I was born and raised in church so I never questioned it. For other Christians you will know what I mean when I say " now that I am older , I just feel it " I assume my child who is raised to know God will feel it to :) If they did say something like that I would pray and pray and pray !

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Pic

Here we go again XP
Celtic_Dragon
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

17 years old, I had a car accident where I ruptured my aorta. I also collapsed a lung and busted my pelvis and some ribs. I shouldn't have lived. My doctor told me I shouldn't have lived. They recorded my procedure and asked me if they could use it for training new doctors because it's so rare for someone to end up on the operating table ALIVE to do the procedure.

I was second guessing God before that happened. After living through that, I realized that I had a purpose that needed me to keep living. I've had a few other incidences after that as well.

I have honestly never been to a church session in my entire life. I have been IN a church, but never to worship. I do not force my children to go. I don't need church to know I have faith in God or for God to know I have faith in Him. 

If my kids told me they didn't believe in God, I would be sad for them. I would ask them why they have develop these feelings and we'd talk about it. I'd make them think really hard about their daily life and tell me how Karma and their soul isn't real after all that. I would not be okay if my kids rejected their souls and the souls of their children. Mostly, because I see it as a sign of unhappiness and I'd want to figure out what is making them this unhappy.

Lala06
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Same here :)

Quoting MPH_2010:

I was born and raised in church so I never questioned it. For other Christians you will know what I mean when I say " now that I am older , I just feel it " I assume my child who is raised to know God will feel it to :) If they did say something like that I would pray and pray and pray !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Same. I have also had sevral things over the last 15 years happen that made my faith stronger. And although I would pray pray pray if one of my kids decided they didn't believe I would still always continue to support them not matter what

Quoting MPH_2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM

I grew up with god in my life, my husband and I are very spiritual. We have faith in god and put him  first above everything. Funny thing is we don't go to church but he reads the bible a lot and I the Quran. Yes we go by two different religions and no not everyone approves but who cares it works in our family and that's all that matters. IF our children  didnt want to go to church I wouldn't force them we don't go to church but I do go to the Mosque (don't really have to) but I want to and I take my family with me if they want to come which (surprisingly is often). However I will not force religioun on them. You either have a bond with god or you dont. Either way its my belief to not judge anyone since I am not their creator so who am I to look down on someone if they do not have the same beliefs that I do. I would love and support my children just the same.

maryjmom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I believed because it is what I was taught to believe. Then I had personal things happen to me at almost 14, which made me stop believing. I have never regained my faith, nor do I really want to, to be honest. DD goes to church because I want her to have a wide variety of religions and understanding of the religions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Its how I was raised. I don't believe the same as my parents, they are non denominational and I'm inclusive monotheistic christian. I still believe not because of what I was taught but because it feels right to me and makes sense to me. My oldest dd is atheist, I love her. Though it breaks my heart that she doesn't have a faith in anything, she's still my dd and I raised her to decide for herself what feels right to her, so I respect her decision.
abbie.alder
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I believe in God for very personal reasons. BUT, I believe that religions are the best scams.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:20 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)