Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Keep your SICK kid at HOME!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

If your child has a cold, the flu, has vomited or had a fever in the last 24 hours KEEP THEM HOME!! They should be at home getting better! NOT at school, not in Daycare, NOT out and about! I don't CARE why you want to send them, you are getting every one else SICK with your irresponsibility!

My family has been sick since before HALLOWEEN!! Every time we get better, my DS brings something home from Preschool, and it makes its rounds through our house! First the stomach flu, then bacterial bronchitis, then a cold, then the flu... then another cold. over and over! I'm SICK of getting SICK!

Seriously, runny nose with anything but clear boogies- stay home.

Cough that sounds flemy- stay home.

vomiting, even once means- STAY HOME for 24 hours after the last time vomiting occured.

fever- even slightly elevated, also means stay home for 24 hours after the fever has been gone!

Otherwise, you are sharing your germs with every one else in your childs class!!

Thursday and Friday only 8 out of 17 kids was at my DS's class because of people like YOU sharing your childs cold! Keep it at HOME! That's where it belongs!

These are NOT just my arbitrary rules either! These are things that were printed in the paperwork YOU signed when you enrolled your child in this school! This is what EVERY pediatrician worth his (her) salt has recommended to you when your child is sick. stop spreading the germs! And for heavens sake, teach your child how to properly wash their hands!

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I was in the,er today for bronchitis
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I feel the same way!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM
5 moms liked this
Ugh I wish it was that simple. I agree with some of the illnesses you listed, but if I kept my child home every time she has a cough and runny nose, the school would take me to court after sending dss to my house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 AM

a dry cough or clearly running nose is okay. but a cough with phlem or boogies that are anything BUT clear are reasons to keep your child home.

Also, I'm talking about a preschool. No DSS (CPS) to call for missing class there.

I'm so sick of being sick!! yuck!

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Ugh I wish it was that simple. I agree with some of the illnesses you listed, but if I kept my child home every time she has a cough and runny nose, the school would take me to court after sending dss to my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 AM

I send my kids to school when they throw up because I know when they are making themselves throw up and when they are sick.  I also send them with coughs and runny noses due to allergies.  Keep your kids home if you are afraid of them getting sick.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Dam that would put a lot of people out of work since schools would be empty, daycares would shut down, and no one could go buy medicine for their kid unless they had a willing babysitter to stay home with said sick child.
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

It is too bad that the government has taken away our rights to decide whether or not our child is too sick for school beyond nine missed school days. My school system only allows nine days. They drag people into court over it if you miss much more than that. My son has missed eleven because I firmly believe that they belong at home when they are sick and we have been sick a lot this winter. He went to bed with a headache and stuffy nose last night and I am afraid to keep him home another day. Even if he isn't contagious though, he won't get anything out of being in school with a headache.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Wait til your kids are in elementary and can't be kept home.

Quoting Anonymous:

a dry cough or clearly running nose is okay. but a cough with phlem or boogies that are anything BUT clear are reasons to keep your child home.

Also, I'm talking about a preschool. No DSS (CPS) to call for missing class there.

I'm so sick of being sick!! yuck!

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:51 AM

I kept DS home from school for an entire week in December due to an awful cold he caught. It was nasty...greenish stuff coming out of his nose, wet cough, low grade fever...he felt miserable. There was no way he was going to school that week! Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)