Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Keep your SICK kid at HOME!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If your child has a cold, the flu, has vomited or had a fever in the last 24 hours KEEP THEM HOME!! They should be at home getting better! NOT at school, not in Daycare, NOT out and about! I don't CARE why you want to send them, you are getting every one else SICK with your irresponsibility!

My family has been sick since before HALLOWEEN!! Every time we get better, my DS brings something home from Preschool, and it makes its rounds through our house! First the stomach flu, then bacterial bronchitis, then a cold, then the flu... then another cold. over and over! I'm SICK of getting SICK!

Seriously, runny nose with anything but clear boogies- stay home.

Cough that sounds flemy- stay home.

vomiting, even once means- STAY HOME for 24 hours after the last time vomiting occured.

fever- even slightly elevated, also means stay home for 24 hours after the fever has been gone!

Otherwise, you are sharing your germs with every one else in your childs class!!

Thursday and Friday only 8 out of 17 kids was at my DS's class because of people like YOU sharing your childs cold! Keep it at HOME! That's where it belongs!

These are NOT just my arbitrary rules either! These are things that were printed in the paperwork YOU signed when you enrolled your child in this school! This is what EVERY pediatrician worth his (her) salt has recommended to you when your child is sick. stop spreading the germs! And for heavens sake, teach your child how to properly wash their hands!

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Go spout your parenting ideas to someone who wants to listen to you.  Sometimes they would rather stay home and cuddle with mom than go to school.  Just like I would like to stay home and cuddle with DH instead of going to work.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Anonymous:

I send my kids to school when they throw up because I know when they are making themselves throw up and when they are sick.  I also send them with coughs and runny noses due to allergies.  Keep your kids home if you are afraid of them getting sick.

If your kids are making themselves throw up, you're doing something wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Nope I won't. A note from mom won't cut it any more. And a doc won't write one without you paying for an office visit (reasonably so). So, im sorry but we don't drag our kids to the doctor for a regular fever or a little cold. If theybdont want her there they can send her home. That way they won't try to send me to court because my notes doesn't make it an excused absence.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Sounds like your snotty nosed kid is the one that needs to stay home.

Is his immune system working properly?

Maybe you need to teach him
to wash his hands frequently.

Or does he put things in his mouth or lick windows and door handles?

FYI if you child is school aged there's a certain amount of days they are allowed to miss before you are fined or put in jail.

Maybe you should look into home schooling.
godsgirl26
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel the same way!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this
If I kept my children home during every cold they had/have (which usually stays for anywhere from 1-3 weeks!) My ass would be in jail! So until our school system allow children to be out for a simple cold, STFU! They are only allowed to miss 7 days of the entire school year....excused or unexcused. After those 7 days, you are sent to court for truancy. CPS then becomes involved as well. Sorry but I would rather them spread the germs.
ChristinaR
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

AMEN, i have said that for such a long time.. DRIVES ME CRAZY, of course i understand that people who are single dont have a option, but  call in work if you have to, they will understand....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:40 AM

My kids were in other care at a sitters and they were rarely sick at all. Is there something getting your kids so sick?  Now that they are in elementary they miss  perhaps 2 days a year with illness...I would be concerned if my kids immunity (especially the 1 year old who is still being breastfed) was so low they were sick for months on end with one thing after naother.

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ever think that maybe your kid is the one getting everyone else sick? Also, colds, flu, etc are contagious before any signs can be seen, so your kiddo will get sick regardless.....up the vitamin C and get the hell over it!

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:41 AM
By the running nose my son would have missed school for two weeks because of green snot. He has bad allageries all year long. He'd be home more often then in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Quoting ChristinaR:

AMEN, i have said that for such a long time.. DRIVES ME CRAZY, of course i understand that people who are single dont have a option, but  call in work if you have to, they will understand....

Mhhh no.  We give 10 sick days a year. After you use them up for yourself or your kids-you need to take FMLA time for every illness and get the illnesses documented. Or use your vacation time.  So you would have 20 days you could use before every illness needed a dr's note and FMLA paperwork.  After 5 years you would have 25 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)