Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well, according to the IRS 50,000 a year with 3 kids is A LOT of moolah. Guess I never got that memo! I finally went back to work full time last year and this year is the first time EVER I get back less than I paid in.....Our refund is going on debt this year!!!!

So what are you using yours for?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Buy a bed
Pay off one debt
Save the rest

Nothing crazy, nothing fun....... (except maybe the bed lol!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Yes it will hurt your credit. Just shred them and let the credit card companies close them themselves.

Quoting meagansmommy07:

Really? I didn't know that. We've never had a credit card before but trying to save my DDs cat last year we went through almost all our savings and then had to open two credit cards...one is a Banfield Pet Hospital card and the other is a regular card. Would it hurt the credit to close the pet hospital card too?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you close it, it can hurt your credit. Just shred it and let the credit card company close it out on there own for none use.

Quoting Anonymous:

We're paying off the credit cards we opened last year when our cat was in the vet for two weeks in a coma(then we're closing the credit cards), we're getting me a laptop since DH is taking our desk top to Korea with him, we're getting DH a small TV for his dorm room in Korea, putting some money in both our kids savings accounts, buying my plane ticket to Boston and putting the rest in our savings. Once we pay off the credit cards we'll be.debt free except for our car payment. I'm.excited!!!

ellinger03
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I agree with you about everyone is so crumpy not the vibrator. I dont need any more thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm buying everyone on here a vibrator...... Everyone is so grumpy.

mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

my husband made that when he was 19, so before we had the kids it seemed like a lot, but now its never enough. I know we have a bit of debt and when thats gone we will be rather comfortable but until then, it just doesn't seem like a lot! We got screwed when we closed on our house and we NEED to refinance, when we started the paperwork our APR was at 4% but at the day of closing it was 6%, they warned us it could happen but that it shouldn't. Well, it did. So, a house payment that was supposed to be 600 because almost 900. Then my brother in law totalled my car, and Dh's truck went to crap, so we had to replace them. DEBT> again........so yes, 50,000 is NOT a lot. Plus, my son has glasses and goes to a lutherean school, and we dont qualify for any assistance so paying a sitter here and there for over lapping hours, It all adds up..........PLus, we live in WI so our gas bill is always 200 a month during the winter........I couldn't survive on 27,000 right now if I wanted to! But kudos to you for being able to, and I'm sure you got a GREAT big refund this year.

Quoting Anonymous:

DH makes $27,000 and we get by just fine. I'd much rather prefer him making $50k...

April620
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
New glasses for hubby and also a soft leather coffee table to replace our hardwood one as the baby is going to be crawling soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Dental work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I want a refund :(
I need new glasses, dental work, van repairs, and a new stove cause ours only partially works...

Good chance we owe this year though...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Is this true for store cards as well? I have about $600 on a kohls charge card, the plan was to pay it off and close it but would that hurt my credit? It's the only credit card we have

Quoting Anonymous:

If you close it, it can hurt your credit. Just shred it and let the credit card company close it out on there own for none use.

Quoting Anonymous:

We're paying off the credit cards we opened last year when our cat was in the vet for two weeks in a coma(then we're closing the credit cards), we're getting me a laptop since DH is taking our desk top to Korea with him, we're getting DH a small TV for his dorm room in Korea, putting some money in both our kids savings accounts, buying my plane ticket to Boston and putting the rest in our savings. Once we pay off the credit cards we'll be.debt free except for our car payment. I'm.excited!!!
vboatner
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

LOL. IKR!! We get a small one, but not near enough to buy half the stuff everyone on here is talking about!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Refund? What's that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it's true for store cards too. Best thing to do is just shred it and allow the company to close it. Sit keep in mind in May or May not take some time before they close it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is this true for store cards as well? I have about $600 on a kohls charge card, the plan was to pay it off and close it but would that hurt my credit? It's the only credit card we have

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN