Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A friend of 12 years died last week and I feel like skipping....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

So 12 years ago, I became friends with a woman, we'll call her Missy. She was a "good" friend for many years, eventhough she loved to tell me what I was doing wrong as a mother and dealt pills to my husband behind my back. She always claimed to be a friend and I was one of the only people she was nice to. She was always severely obese and just plain old nasty to most people. We had a falling out little over 4 months ago, she told me to put my mother in her place because my mom called her out on her lack of tact on fb. I read the whole conversation and had my mom's back, she didn't say anything "out of line", where Missy was accusing a well known business man of having a drug problem, a man who has never even drank. Anyway, she then went off on me about how I'm trash, just pop kids out and collect food stamps (I have 2 children and yes, we receive a little a month because my husband doesn't make enough to cover and I stay home. We haven't always received them, but right now we do.) She trashed me like I have never been trashed before. The response she got from me was, "you deserve to die alone and you will". 4 months later (well, one day shy of 4 months) she dropped dead at 37 years old, presumably from a heart attack, my guess is drugs and now I feel like skipping inside. I have no sad feelings, only relief. I found out the day before she died that my husband (who I'm separated from right now) was secretly taking 5 pain killers a day, bought from her. I know I sound like a terrible person for not feeling bad she died, but I can't help how I feel.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM

wow you're cold momma real cold. I don't think you should be sobbing but damn. hey it is what it is. You feel what ya feel or don't feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Its ok to feel relief but probably not blasting it on CM. Afterall you kept her around 12 years.
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM

want a cookie?  or a cock to suck on?  i mean pop?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Yes, I forgave a lot and I also knew that my husband was 1/2 the issue. My last straw was when I found out she smoked crack with my little brother.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its ok to feel relief but probably not blasting it on CM. Afterall you kept her around 12 years.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM
5 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM

No you do not sound terrible. I totally understand but your going to get bashed. If she was giving him pills and being really annoying and telling me i was doing everything wrong i probably would not want to go either.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Nailed it.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

wow you're cold momma real cold. I don't think you should be sobbing but damn. hey it is what it is. You feel what ya feel or don't feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Not sure why you're referring to her as your friend, seems kinda stupid to me for you to be claiming in your title "friend of 12 years" and then be celebrating her death. I guess if your goal was to make yourself look like a bitch, congrats, you succeeded!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Oh, I know it's cold and there's not really anything I can do about the way I feel. Hey, at least I have refrained from telling my "memories' on her fb page where people are saying she was always so warm and kind. She was anything but those things and I was the person she was nicest to. No one liked her and now they're throwing themselves a pity party. I feel bad for her family, but I don't feel bad that the largest pill dealer in town is dead. To me, problem solved.

Quoting s.osborne:

Nailed it.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM

because she was my friend for 12 years, I thought she was a good friend up until 4 months ago. so, yes, a friend of 12 years died last week and I feel nothing sad because she was a wretched human being (which I discovered 4 months ago)

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure why you're referring to her as your friend, seems kinda stupid to me for you to be claiming in your title "friend of 12 years" and then be celebrating her death. I guess if your goal was to make yourself look like a bitch, congrats, you succeeded!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)