Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

9 former american idol contestants file lawsuit. claim they were forced to leave because they were black

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/342095

Sorry. Mobile and no way to make it a click.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM

They were forced to leave because they didn't disclose their criminal records.  What a bunch of sore losers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM

eye rolling

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I doubt this because they have had several black winners. Sounds like they were upset they didn't win and thought they could get some $$$$ out of a stupid lawsuit.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Sama2Mamma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Oh geez here we go...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM
They say its been a scheme of American idol to exploit black contestants. They say its inhumane and cruel.

Quoting Miller0305:

They were forced to leave because they didn't disclose their criminal records.  What a bunch of sore losers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I haven't watched AI in years-I did read somewhere that all the contestants that fail to disclose prior criminal records and then later humiliated on the show and kicked out, were all Black-Never happened to White contestants. Personally, I've always thought that AI knew when contestants had criminal background-how hard is that to check? They seem let people with a criminal past slip through like that on purpose for extra ratings IMO .......

Quoting Anonymous:

Its basically the ones who were told they could go on but then let go because they failed to disclose prior criminal records . They say they were humiliated on TV.

If you are central zone good morning America is about to have the story. East coast may have already ran it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can anyone make it clicky? I don't see how that could be true considering they have had winners that were black and others have gone pretty far in the competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

so , are the white ones filing too, for not being picked cuz they were white?

Love060708kids
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Oh Dear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I just read it. I have to say, I agree that an American Idol shouldn't have a criminal past so being disqualified for that isn't a big deal to me
however I never did agree with them airing the disqualification of the contestant last season. That was just wrong in my opinion. I also don't see how they can call it discrimination based on race unless they can prove that white (or other races) were allowed to stay in the competition if they also had a criminal record.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its basically the ones who were told they could go on but then let go because they failed to disclose prior criminal records . They say they were humiliated on TV.

If you are central zone good morning America is about to have the story. East coast may have already ran it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can anyone make it clicky? I don't see how that could be true considering they have had winners that were black and others have gone pretty far in the competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Good morning America is suppose to have a news segment about it. Waiting for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)