Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

autistic kid/ typical kid vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
We have a 4 ur old dd with pretty severe autism. Her skill set is mostly in the 18-24 month range. We also have a 14 month old ds that is typical. Hitting all the milestones at the right times. It hit me that one day very soon my ds is going to pass dd. Breaks my heart
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM

This is true-but DS will be able to help DD along.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Hugs but it will be ok. Dd might learn some things from ds. Ik my son has learned a lot from my sd that is smart for a three year old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks this is true.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is true-but DS will be able to help DD along.

(((HUGS)))

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM
We are in the same situation. My son is 4 with ASD, pretty severe. And my dd is almos 3, she's passing him up

DS is also in school. Dd starts next year (preK) and they will only be a grade apart. If DS ever gets held back they'll be in the same grade.

Guess in the long run it doesn't really matter. As long as DS is improving and happy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Thanks that's true

Quoting Anonymous:

Hugs but it will be ok. Dd might learn some things from ds. Ik my son has learned a lot from my sd that is smart for a three year old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM
You are right. Their happiness is what's important :)

Quoting MommyRJ:

We are in the same situation. My son is 4 with ASD, pretty severe. And my dd is almos 3, she's passing him up

DS is also in school. Dd starts next year (preK) and they will only be a grade apart. If DS ever gets held back they'll be in the same grade.

Guess in the long run it doesn't really matter. As long as DS is improving and happy

mommythree0508
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I have four year old boy/girl twins. My little boy is very delayed. It's hard sometimes seeing my little girl do things that I know her brother can't do at the same age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Dd is 10 and behaves like a young teen. Ds is 12 and behaves like a 7 yr old. They look out for each other though and are very close. Dd is very protective of her brother. It truly is like she is the first born as opposed to him. Ds has pdd-nos, ADHD, and other issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)