Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOLY SMOKES! (tax refund related)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh and I both started college again (he's going for his masters I'm continuing to my bachelors), we bought a house this year and had a third child. We are not well off but certainly are more comfortable than others. I had no idea we'd qualify for so much with three kids, a house, and two full time students! We've never received more than 2,000 and we are getting about 6,000! Which will be used to finish paying off our last car (2,00 left!) and the rest will go in savings.

Soooo that's my brag post! YAYYYYYY!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Congrats! Good to see that being used for something other than vacations, electronics and clothes lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM

congrats.. we are still waiting on our house paperwork to come in so that we can go file. we plan to pay off our credit card, put some in each kids accounts for savings, put a chunk away for disney (saving up to go in 2015 or 2016) then, the rest will go into savings until it is needed

SusanD
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Congrats! I'm pretty excited that we wont be paying in this year which was my fear LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Your second thought should have been "I'm a judgmental dumbass because The IRS hasn't even started processing them.."

Quoting Anonymous:

We went to a furniture store yesterday and this guy was leaving with a 60 inch led tv. First thought in my mind was: someone got their refund lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM

SO and I are both back in school and working toward our degree also. I don't know how much we're getting back. We will file Friday when SO get off work. Last year we both recieved $1,000 each for being students. It's something Obama passed. We always pay off debt with our taxes.

mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Yeah, she was a 30 weeker but everything went smoothly only sleeping through her NICU stay... Actually, to  sleep is why her NICU stay was 50 days, she liked it so much she wouldn't take a ton feed wise, lol. 

Yay for book money! My husband always bought ebooks because the costs were lower... If that helps, the downside is that you don't get to sell them back, lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2theA-team:

My husband and I were both in grad school the last two years, had a NICU baby and I was hospitalized for ten days, plus all other medical expenses. We are getting back over 8K... For all of those ladies with their panties in a bunch assuming we had PA- no, we never did. It's all sorts of awesomesauce though because the first year we paid in because each of us had bonds to help us live on during gradschool. 

Well yay for 8k and grad school! Boo to NICU baby. I assume everything is okay now though? :)

And we've only ever had WIC and that was three years ago. Nothing since. That extra money will help to draw off of for books and classes anyways. Now maybe we won't have to scramble getting together a 1000 a semester for books! LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Sigh! I know that. I still thought it was funny.
Pot meet kettle

Quoting Anonymous:

Your second thought should have been "I'm a judgmental dumbass because The IRS hasn't even started processing them.."

Quoting Anonymous:

We went to a furniture store yesterday and this guy was leaving with a 60 inch led tv. First thought in my mind was: someone got their refund lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

we are getting 10,000 back after state

TairyHesticle
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Woot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
We bought a house and I'm in school full time with 2 kids. We got a little less than $5000

I forgot to add its all going into savings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN