Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOLY SMOKES! (tax refund related)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh and I both started college again (he's going for his masters I'm continuing to my bachelors), we bought a house this year and had a third child. We are not well off but certainly are more comfortable than others. I had no idea we'd qualify for so much with three kids, a house, and two full time students! We've never received more than 2,000 and we are getting about 6,000! Which will be used to finish paying off our last car (2,00 left!) and the rest will go in savings.

Soooo that's my brag post! YAYYYYYY!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Why is that judgemental?  It's a fact that most low income people blow their tax refunds on tvs and other things they don't really need.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your second thought should have been "I'm a judgmental dumbass because The IRS hasn't even started processing them.."

Quoting Anonymous:

We went to a furniture store yesterday and this guy was leaving with a 60 inch led tv. First thought in my mind was: someone got their refund lol

MaileysMommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM

That's awesome!! We're happy with ours this year, we'll be getting $5,072 back and it's all going into our new business. This is the last year we will get anything back and not have to pay at the beginning of every year. 

MaileysMommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It's judgmental because no one knows if he is one of the low income people you mentioned. Very well could have been money he has been saving to get the tv he purchased....

Quoting Miller0305:

Why is that judgemental?  It's a fact that most low income people blow their tax refunds on tvs and other things they don't really need.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your second thought should have been "I'm a judgmental dumbass because The IRS hasn't even started processing them.."

Quoting Anonymous:

We went to a furniture store yesterday and this guy was leaving with a 60 inch led tv. First thought in my mind was: someone got their refund lol

randomosityblog
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Congrats :)

brightonsmom12
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM

We are going to be getting about the same amount we are saving it for when my dh goes to basic training. We are also amending our taxes from last year, so maybe more. We will be saving the rest though.

SparklingHope
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM

dancing

We're still waiting on a W2 form and then we can go do ours. :)

SallyStitches
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM
We are getting about $5,000 back. Plan on buying a new TV stand (ours isn't very safe with a toddler running around), then the rest will be put into an IRA for us and my son's saving account.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Who cares. Everyone judges, it's human nature.

Quoting MaileysMommy:

It's judgmental because no one knows if he is one of the low income people you mentioned. Very well could have been money he has been saving to get the tv he purchased....

Quoting Miller0305:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Congrats. We started filing this morning and so far we are at almost 9k. We are still waiting for the navy to send his and then we will send it in. We both about pooped ourselves when we saw how much. We are so excited bc it means we can move to a 3b place for new baby coming. Congrats and enjoy the refund but use it wisely. Hell girl is invest a small portion of it.
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Is it just for full time or also for part time students?

Quoting meka26:

SO and I are both back in school and working toward our degree also. I don't know how much we're getting back. We will file Friday when SO get off work. Last year we both recieved $1,000 each for being students. It's something Obama passed. We always pay off debt with our taxes.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)