Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOLY SMOKES! (tax refund related)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh and I both started college again (he's going for his masters I'm continuing to my bachelors), we bought a house this year and had a third child. We are not well off but certainly are more comfortable than others. I had no idea we'd qualify for so much with three kids, a house, and two full time students! We've never received more than 2,000 and we are getting about 6,000! Which will be used to finish paying off our last car (2,00 left!) and the rest will go in savings.

Soooo that's my brag post! YAYYYYYY!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (51-57):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM

awesome :). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Do you think that this site gives out rewards to the biggest douche and you're hoping you'll win? Every response I've seen from you has been rude, condescending, or downright bitchy. Get over yourself, you aren't that special.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Good for you?

Do you want a cookie?

No idra how much we are getting back yet. Still waiting for two more w-2s.

And im a full time student so hopefully we get a decent chunk
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Quoting nirvana78028:

Oh ok. I don't think he did. I'm working on our taxes now and it's not pulling it up

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Hey, how did you get the $1000 for being a student? I'm looking and can't find that option.

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Is it just for full time or also for part time students?

Quoting meka26:

SO and I are both back in school and working toward our degree also. I don't know how much we're getting back. We will file Friday when SO get off work. Last year we both recieved $1,000 each for being students. It's something Obama passed. We always pay off debt with our taxes.

Both, I received it when I was a part time student.

When I got my taxes done last year the tax preparer asked me if I was a student. I told her yes. She said college students get an extra thousand dollars added, which I received. It is something Obama passed. I heard Obama mention extending it this year. I will not know for sure until Friday when I go have my taxes done.

Someone just posted on FB that you can't file the school credit until the middle of Feb. If you have already filed and still want it, you can do an amendment.

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Oh ok. No I haven't sent it off we are still waiting on the navy to send his forms but they take forever. Last year it took them 2 months to send it.

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Oh ok. I don't think he did. I'm working on our taxes now and it's not pulling it up

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Hey, how did you get the $1000 for being a student? I'm looking and can't find that option.

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

SO and I are both back in school and working toward our degree also. I don't know how much we're getting back. We will file Friday when SO get off work. Last year we both recieved $1,000 each for being students. It's something Obama passed. We always pay off debt with our taxes.

When I got my taxes done last year the tax preparer asked me if I was a student. I told her yes. She said college students get an extra thousand dollars added, which I received. It is something Obama passed. I heard Obama mention extending it this year. I will not know for sure until Friday when I go have my taxes done.

Someone just posted on FB that you can't file the school credit until the middle of Feb. If you have already filed and still want it, you can do an amendment.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Quoting nirvana78028:

Oh ok. No I haven't sent it off we are still waiting on the navy to send his forms but they take forever. Last year it took them 2 months to send it.

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

SO has his from the Army. We were going to file Friday, but if SO wants to wait until the middle of Feb. so he can get the school credit I don't mind.

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I'm glad he got his. I don't get why the navy takes so long but I told dh to call and light a fire under their tails to get it

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

Quoting nirvana78028:

Quoting meka26:

SO has his from the Army. We were going to file Friday, but if SO wants to wait until the middle of Feb. so he can get the school credit I don't mind.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Oh snap! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think that this site gives out rewards to the biggest douche and you're hoping you'll win? Every response I've seen from you has been rude, condescending, or downright bitchy. Get over yourself, you aren't that special.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Good for you?

Do you want a cookie?

No idra how much we are getting back yet. Still waiting for two more w-2s.

And im a full time student so hopefully we get a decent chunk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)