Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about CIO...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So I see all this stuff on here about letting your baby CIO, and how terrible it is for their brain because of decreased oxygen, etc. But my son had acid reflux and colic, and he cried at least four hours a day for pretty much the first six months of his life. He seems fine to me now (he's 16 months old), even though he still cries a lot from the reflux. How can I tell if all that crying hurt him?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'm sure it didn't hurt him,   my son had colic when he was a baby and he is now 13 and healthy and an honor student!  I wouldn't call your son having colic and reflux CIO though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I know it's not the same, but the effects on the body would be the same, I would think

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure it didn't hurt him,   my son had colic when he was a baby and he is now 13 and healthy and an honor student!  I wouldn't call your son having colic and reflux CIO though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Bump
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Seizures can happen at times like that and even more so under 5. Not that I'm against it. I know spoiled children can be a lot to deal with. I never had to use it. DD was a good baby. Now not so much
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM
So if he never had a seizure while he was crying, he should be fine?

Quoting MichelleSw:

Seizures can happen at times like that and even more so under 5. Not that I'm against it. I know spoiled children can be a lot to deal with. I never had to use it. DD was a good baby. Now not so much

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I'm not too educated on the pros or cons of CIO. So I really cant speak on it.I just know extreme upset can cause seizures and that's all! Sorry :/

Quoting Anonymous:

So if he never had a seizure while he was crying, he should be fine?

Quoting MichelleSw:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)