Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vegan/Vegetarian Meal Ideas

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 21 Replies
I'm looking for some vegan/vegetarian recipes/meal ideas. I've run out of creative juices for this week's meals. All the schools are closed today so I'm not needed for work. So I figured I would go shopping and meal plan this week. I planned on making enchilada bake and maybe chilli...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nunyabusiness
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Tofu stir fry

stuffed shells

black bean tortilla soup

lentil soup

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Black bean burgers with sweet potato fries are a favorite around here.

Roasted butternut squash soup is amazing as well

bigmessylife
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Our favorites are
Vegan sushi
Vegnews Mac and cheese
Burrito bowls, like chipotle's
Garlic and greens soup
Broccoli with garlic sauce
Black bean and avocado enchiladas
Pancakes and hashbrowns
Sesame noodle stir fry
Spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce
Hummus/sprouts/veggie wraps
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/09/eggplant-mozzarella-and-saffron-rice-bake 

It's like lasagna but with rice and eggplant and freaking yummy! I skip the saffron because I'm too cheap to buy it. lol

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

dh and I made a quiche that was to die for last night. It was so full of veggies, and we paired it with a plain green salad (Olivia's brand organic Spring Mix... its got a lot of different greens, we buy it for convenience, lol.) I can't find the recipe we used, but any quiche recipe you find can be altered. We put cooked (frozen) stirfry veggies, fresh spinach, fresh peppers, colby jack cheese, monterey, ricotta, lots of yummy spices... omg... and of course egg... it was heaven in my mouth

Groove
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
saffron is so expensive. Its ridiculous. Seriously. We usually stay away from cheese but we do splurge on vegan cheese every now and then. I'll have to try this.

Quoting mich.el.le:

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/09/eggplant-mozzarella-and-saffron-rice-bake 

It's like lasagna but with rice and eggplant and freaking yummy! I skip the saffron because I'm too cheap to buy it. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I've never had quiche, but I used to LOVE omelettes. Omg. I almost miss them. All the cheese and veggies. My mouth is watering. Now-a-days I can't stomach eggs. They hurt my stomach something awful.

Quoting anyotherday:

dh and I made a quiche that was to die for last night. It was so full of veggies, and we paired it with a plain green salad (Olivia's brand organic Spring Mix... its got a lot of different greens, we buy it for convenience, lol.) I can't find the recipe we used, but any quiche recipe you find can be altered. We put cooked (frozen) stirfry veggies, fresh spinach, fresh peppers, colby jack cheese, monterey, ricotta, lots of yummy spices... omg... and of course egg... it was heaven in my mouth

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

My wife has gone veggie. She has been making chilis and soups a lot. I have also made tofu fajitas for her. Tofu hotdogs. All the fake meat stuff (like chicken nuggets, steaks, etc.). Tacos with fake meat.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM

When we are being cheap and quick and easy... we do southwest mac and cheese. Take a box of mac and cheese, you can use Annies if you do organic... sometimes we do sometimes we use generic. Make the noodles as usual, but in a deep fry pan, heat up a can of beans, some tomatoes and some corn. melt the amount of butter called for on the package, the cheese packet and the right amount of milk. Then add any spices you would use for a chili or taco night. I am lazy and use some premixed stuff. It should be thick and creamy. Mix it with the cooked noodles and yum

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

we also buy the fake sausage... Rightlife brand smart sausage... we cook that with lots of onions and zuchinni and red peppers and summer squash... and have sausage subs. we pair that with air popped popcorn (olive oil and lemon herb seasoning on top) or a salad (depending if I am sick of salad... DH could eat a salad with every meal... LOL!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN