Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plant Based Diets

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

Are you vegan? Vegetarian? Clean eater?

We are trying to be more plant based.

It's hard making the transition when you grew up on completely processed junk. I don't remember ever seeing a vegetable as a kid unless it was corn from a can :/

So, can someone give me a rundown of what you're eating on a daily basis?  Dinner recipes I can always google. But what about snacks/lunches/ mini-meals? That's the hardest part for me. 

The first thing I'm buying with income tax money is a food processor to make this a little easier, and a juicer!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bigmessylife
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I grew up on McDonald's and ramen, but we're vegan now.
For snacks we do veggies and hummus, apples with almond butter and raisins, cheezy kale chips - I use the recipe from love veggies and yoga, of course fresh fruit is fast and easy

I usually have a green smoothie for breakfast and my kids have oatmeal with chia seeds and black strap molasses. On occasion I make pancakes, muffins, hashbrowns, tofu scramble, etc.

Lunch is something easy like spring rolls, almond butter and jelly sandwiches, roasted veggies and quinoa, lentil soup, wraps of some sort, bean burritos.

I love the way we eat. I had a lot less anxiety about planning meals and making sure m kids eat healthy.
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

The juicer is likely a waste.  Just eat the fruit.

We're lacto-ovo vegetarians.

For breakfast, I made steel-cut oats with lots of fresh fruit mixed in.  DD also had soy yogurt.

For lunch, we'll have egg/avocado salad on homemade bread, with mixed greens and sprouts.

For dinner, we'll have veggie lasagna.  I made the marinara, the pasta sheets and the ricotta myself.  I'll hide some egg in the ricotta later for extra protein.  I'll serve it with braised rabe.  I'm soaking day-old homemade bread now for dessert (garam masala bread pudding).

For snacks, we'll have cut up strawberries and hummus with raw veggies.

Jennifer63080
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN