Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: Can you Ever Know for Sure Spouse Won't Cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is it possible to know for sure your spouse won't cheat?  I'm talking literally know s/he won't, not faith/trust that s/he won't.

I won't give my opinion, as I don't want to sway the results.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (361-365):
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM

We're in a poly relationship, so I can't imagine why he would. We've agreed to this relationship for nearly 2 years now, and he hasn't found anyone of interest. 

Lalalie
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Obviously no.

Shit happens.

Things change.

You can't ever 'know' for sure what someone will or will not do.

But you can't spend your whole life waiting for something to happen either, whether it is good or bad.

That's just life.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM

There'salways a chance. But i think that as long as you take your time to get to know someone, build a relationship based on friendship,trust,honesty and communication then the chances of cheating are significantly lower. I knew my DH for 2 years before we got married. Had our 13th anniversary back in Nov. And basedon who he is, how his past relationships were and that i took my time with him, I know he would never cheat on me. But then again that's not always the case. My ex fiance I Knew him for 5 years. Thought we had a great relationship,despite major obstacles. And 6 weeks before the wedding he breaks up with me. Only because he was caught cheating on me by mutual friends. And even though the reasons he gave me for the break up were not because of what he did, it was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM
It is impossible to 100% know that your SO would never cheat, however, I am damn close to that with my SO. For various reasons I am veryconfident he never would, but like I said you can never, in the true sense of the word, know. Shit happens
WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

In my opinion....NO, it's not possible to know.  Anyone can make a mistake.

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)