Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: Can you Ever Know for Sure Spouse Won't Cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is it possible to know for sure your spouse won't cheat?  I'm talking literally know s/he won't, not faith/trust that s/he won't.

I won't give my opinion, as I don't want to sway the results.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

whoever says that their spouse would never cheat is full of shit. there is no way to know this. im sure that most people want to believe that their s/o wont cheat but it happens way too often.

thats not to say that you live your whole life expecting it to happen, you just live in the moment and if something were to happen, you deal with it.

a friend of mine is having an affair with a man that would NEVER cheat and never cheated on his wife and has been with her since they were teens ..BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
No. There are no guarantee in life. Anything can happen, people can change. No use worrying about the "what ifs..."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that some people are less likely to cheat (if they've been hurt by it in the past). But I'm the type of person to say, never say never. That doesn't mean you shouldn't trust your spouse or that you should start tracking his every move. It does mean that every person has their limits and you shouldn't keep pushing because you think he would never resort to cheating regardless of how you're mistreating him (if that makes sense). Because that's how it happened with dh. I never thought he'd cheat but I guess he got tired of the bs happening one way (not that it excuses what he did, and he paid the price, but I do accept that it was at least partly my fault). 

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I thought i could trust my husband, he's been hurt so i thought he would never hurt me... i was very wrong. It took me over a year to open my eyes to it and see what he was doing. Tons of therapy and a tight leash later were doing better... now if only i could get him to stop being lazy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM

yes, I am 10,000% positive that my dh will never cheat. ever.

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
No
myideasaretaken
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I don't think there's a way to know for sure, not 100% anyway.  Some people are good at sneaking around.  If I didn't trust my SO enough to not worry about him cheating on me, I wouldn't be with him.

marie2409
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I trust my husband completely, but not naively, if that makes sense.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Nope.

There is always a possibility.

People change. The person you marry may do a complete 180 20 years down the road and cheat.

Shit happens. Life happens. I would never 100% know for sure my man wouldn't cheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM

No, but if you really know the person you are involved with and know his/her character, than most people can be secure in their relationship. But things happen and sometimes people do things that they wouldn't normally do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)