Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would HATE to have a boy S/O

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 196 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anyone feel the same way about girls? I would HATE to have a girl. I'd love her, and care for her, but I hate girly prissy princesses. 

I think I'm meant to be the mom of boys, and if I have any more children, I hope they're boys. At least I would know what I am doing!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I don't like girly girls either. I never really got along with girls growing up. I do have a girl, and she is as girly as ever. We still have fun though. I <3 my little girl =) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I'm the opposite. I don't want boys. We have none in the family and the boys I've been around (friends kids etc) have just annoyed and grossed me out. I have one dd who is anything but a "girly prissy princess". We won't be having more kids because I don't want to chance having a boy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have two girls, so I can't imagine having a boy.  I can't stand whiny little boys, I expect whining from a girl but not a boy.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We had two boys and I used to feel the same way.  Girls were princesses and wanted to wear those silly princess dresses and had the attitude to go with it.

Then we had a girl, lol.  Our daughter very rarely wears dresses, then again, I don't really buy them for her.  She doesn't like dolls or anything like that.  She likes shoes, but any kind of shoes.  She plays with her brothers' toys all the time.  The only thing she does have is that "girl attitude" and she can't really help that, I guess.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
5 moms liked this

No.  I dont feel that way about girls or boys.  They each have their own challenges and rewards.

mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I don't want a girl. I love my boys. Girls are too much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aMarieT
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I have a girl who has, mercifully, never gone through the whole prissy princess phase.

But then again, I have never called her, nor treated her like, a princess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yeah, I try not to live my life in black and white thanks.

JadsW
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Well, I have 2 boys & we're 98% sure that we're done. I don't think I'd *hate* to have a girl .... I just don't know if I'd be very good at it. :/ I feel cut out to raise boys. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Since my nieces and nephews have always been good kids I can't say I dread having boy or girl. At this point I wanted a girl because dd who is the oldest, has been asking for a baby sister since dd2 was born. She was a little disappointed when we told them its another boy but the thought of being the princess of the house made her feel better lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN