Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your issue?!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 52 Replies
Seriously...
What's your issue?

What is something that you acknowledge about yourself that you would like to change or improve ?

***Not really referring to physical appearance here.***

As for me I have a hard time making new friends it seems.
My best friend lives over 12 hours away and we talk all the time but I'm trying to make local mommy friends I can hang out with but I always end up comparing them to the relationship my friend and I share. I end up being picky and finding a personality trait I don't like and dwelling on it to the point where nobody is good enough.
I know everyone is different and you're not always gonna agree on everything but i guess when it comes to lifestyles and parenting styles I'm a lot less " flexible".
I acknowledge that this is a problem and that its something I'm working to correct so bashing me for it really does no good here other than to make yourself feel better.

Edit/update:

This is going great ladies! I'm impressed!
Sometimes all someone needs is to vent and to know that they aren't alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Seriously? Nothing.
Sigh* okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I have bpd. I am just a big issue. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a pretty negative person. I know this. I'm grumpy a lot of the time too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My weight. I've been trying to change it since being on my medication for being hypothyroid for over a year. I'm now pregnant, so obviously stopped the weight loss attempts. I had lost 24 lbs over the course of the past year before becoming pregnant. I'll never lose quickly or easily, and it gets discouraging to say the least. I have a lot more weight to lose, right now though, I'm just hoping that I don't gain too much through my pregnancy. 10 weeks along and +1 lb at the moment.

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I talk slick. I always say something sarcastic and have the last word. It bothers me and I have been swallowing my pride lately trying to change it.
ALWsMomma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I am extremely socially akward and hate being around strangers
JadsW
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I'm too analytical. It can be a good thing, but sometimes, you gotta just accept things & not think too much. I'm workin' on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SparklingHope
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I procrasinate / start and stop things. This year i've been able to complete things I've started and do things in a pretty decent timely manner instead of putting it off till the last possible moment. I've been really annoyed with the whole start / stop habit when it comes to like projects , etc. I'm happy I've been able to stick to changing that this year so far. 

NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Ha, I have sooo many! I guess the biggest is that I'm a cynical, people hater.
Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I seriously have no tolerance for anyone who will put an abusive partner before their children. Or anywhere NEAR their children, for that matter. I'm disgusted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)