Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How different do you look?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

From when you were younger and didn't have kids?

Do do you look your age?

Do you think you look like a mom.?

I'm 17, I've had quite a few people, even on here guess that I was older, but I don't really know what age I look like, i just always assume I look my age or slightly older. Looking at older pictures I think I look my age in pictures where I was 12, but when I look at pictures from when I was 14 I think I do look a little older than my friends did at that point.

I don't think my looks have changed a whole lot, no matter what pictures i look at , my face always seems to look the same, even ones from when I was three. So I think the only part of my looks that changed when I had dd was my body and the way I dress. (basically I no longer where skinny jeans, and band t-shirts with a hoodie over everything, with my face covered in eyiner, mascsra and black eye shadow, which is basically what I use to live in.)

I do think I look like a mom. but then again that might have something to do with the fact that any time we go any where i dont even carry a purse any more, in place of that I have a winnie the pooh diaper bag on my shoulder, a bottle in my hand and a baby on my hip, lol.

But after I put a picture in a guess my age post the other day, I had several women guessing my age to be any where between 24 and 35. It made me wonder if I really just don't look my age, and If other women think they look tried or think that they do or don't look their age.

Please excuse any typos, I am Mobile and my touch screen and autocorrect have a mind of their own, and hate me.

Eta: the questions are whether are not you think you look you are, whether or not you think you look like a mom, and how different you look compared to when you were younger (meaning have you always looked the same or did you drastically change)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I'm fatter. That's about it. My face hasn't changed much 

erikays
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I think I look better now than as a teen. Everyone thinks I'm 19, but I'm 28.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
My body drastically changed with dd.

I was I size 3 before, no hips, no but, c cup breast.

I am now a size 9, big butt, much wider hips and DD-cup
Breasts.

When I was 8 weeks pregnant i was diagnosed as a type one diabetic and started carb counting, glucose monitoring and insulin injections. I've finally got my blood sugars under control and my hemaglobin down by carb counting, exercising etc. it's really helped with my blood sugar, but Ive only lost 5 lbs.

And i am fairly certain that my hips will NEVER be that small again lol

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

I look different. I miss my old metabolism! Pre kids I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted and still had a rocking body. Now I have to work my ass off and really watch what I eat to stay in shape. I miss not worrying about it! I feel like my face looks older but I still look similar, my hips are wider and my boobs are smaller now but with hard work I am in pretty good shape I think.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

In some ways I think I look better now. Pre-kids (I was about 20-21 here)

Now:

firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Body wise, I look the same as when I was a teen.  but now I'm 41 and I definitely look older.lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
You look much younger in your second picture.

Quoting mich.el.le:

In some ways I think I look better now. Pre-kids (I was about 20-21 here)

Now:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I know, I was just shocked to have people guess me to be in my 30"s lol

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Having had kids young myself... you don't WANT to look 17. Looking 17 would have people judge you everywhere you went for having a child so young. Looking 24ish in your case is an awesome thing!

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I look better now then before children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
You don't look 17 at all!! I don't know if I look my age or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I think I look better now, but I don't look a whole lot different. My family always says I don't look like anyone else. lol I guess they finally have decoded that I resemble one of my aunts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured