Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How different do you look?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

From when you were younger and didn't have kids?

Do do you look your age?

Do you think you look like a mom.?

I'm 17, I've had quite a few people, even on here guess that I was older, but I don't really know what age I look like, i just always assume I look my age or slightly older. Looking at older pictures I think I look my age in pictures where I was 12, but when I look at pictures from when I was 14 I think I do look a little older than my friends did at that point.

I don't think my looks have changed a whole lot, no matter what pictures i look at , my face always seems to look the same, even ones from when I was three. So I think the only part of my looks that changed when I had dd was my body and the way I dress. (basically I no longer where skinny jeans, and band t-shirts with a hoodie over everything, with my face covered in eyiner, mascsra and black eye shadow, which is basically what I use to live in.)

I do think I look like a mom. but then again that might have something to do with the fact that any time we go any where i dont even carry a purse any more, in place of that I have a winnie the pooh diaper bag on my shoulder, a bottle in my hand and a baby on my hip, lol.

But after I put a picture in a guess my age post the other day, I had several women guessing my age to be any where between 24 and 35. It made me wonder if I really just don't look my age, and If other women think they look tried or think that they do or don't look their age.

Please excuse any typos, I am Mobile and my touch screen and autocorrect have a mind of their own, and hate me.

Eta: the questions are whether are not you think you look you are, whether or not you think you look like a mom, and how different you look compared to when you were younger (meaning have you always looked the same or did you drastically change)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
myloves.050709
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I don't think I look older.  I get comments all the time that I don't look old enough to have kids.  I will be 29 this year.

Sometimes it's annoying to hear because I feel judged because I don't look like a mom.  But then other times I am glad because maybe I will age well, lol.

ALWsMomma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I have changed a lot. I weigh less than I did before kids but I am a lot fluffier
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I look fairly similar to when I was a teen, but I think I look much better now and have been told by several people the same thing.  I'm 34 now and I've gotten to a point where I am comfortable with my body and after having DD, I bounced back really quickly.  However, I look younger than my age and I can't complain - my mom and my aunts and my grandma are all the same way.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You look much younger in your second picture.

Quoting mich.el.le:

In some ways I think I look better now. Pre-kids (I was about 20-21 here)

Now:

I am 8 or 9 years older in the second pic. lol  I don't think the blond hair was doing me any favors. :)

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't like much different at almost 35 than I did at 18. Shorter hair these days, but I don't think my face has aged a whole lot.

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Me at 18
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Me at 38
baseballmom5416
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

tthis was in high school..yay i know the glasses..but this was in the early 90's..way before kids.and this is me now. so i dont know if i changed much at all or if i have..some people says i havent..i just dont pay any attention to it.

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
No I've lost 200 pounds and while I didn't have all of that premommyhood I had a lot. I've always been told I look older because I always acted older. I'm in my 30's now and finally feel comfortable in my skin and age.
NikiOcasio
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I honestly think I look better now than I did before I had kids.

Do do you look your age? I think so, I am about to be 26 on march the 1st

Do you think you look like a mom.? I think I do.

This was when I had turned 21

This was about 1-2 weeks ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN