Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How different do you look?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

From when you were younger and didn't have kids?

Do do you look your age?

Do you think you look like a mom.?

I'm 17, I've had quite a few people, even on here guess that I was older, but I don't really know what age I look like, i just always assume I look my age or slightly older. Looking at older pictures I think I look my age in pictures where I was 12, but when I look at pictures from when I was 14 I think I do look a little older than my friends did at that point.

I don't think my looks have changed a whole lot, no matter what pictures i look at , my face always seems to look the same, even ones from when I was three. So I think the only part of my looks that changed when I had dd was my body and the way I dress. (basically I no longer where skinny jeans, and band t-shirts with a hoodie over everything, with my face covered in eyiner, mascsra and black eye shadow, which is basically what I use to live in.)

I do think I look like a mom. but then again that might have something to do with the fact that any time we go any where i dont even carry a purse any more, in place of that I have a winnie the pooh diaper bag on my shoulder, a bottle in my hand and a baby on my hip, lol.

But after I put a picture in a guess my age post the other day, I had several women guessing my age to be any where between 24 and 35. It made me wonder if I really just don't look my age, and If other women think they look tried or think that they do or don't look their age.

Please excuse any typos, I am Mobile and my touch screen and autocorrect have a mind of their own, and hate me.

Eta: the questions are whether are not you think you look you are, whether or not you think you look like a mom, and how different you look compared to when you were younger (meaning have you always looked the same or did you drastically change)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
jyofray
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I looked good back then, now I'm inked up and look like a rebel of a teen...always a plus even though I'm 26. I'm not complaining... I have gained weight through out the years which is a huge negative.. but I'm workin' on it. :)

lilbit53009
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM

i basically look the same...my boobs got smaller after stopping BF'ing but thats about it. the rest of my body/clothes/hair/style is the same as it was before i had my son.

caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I'm 24. I look pretty much the same I guess. I was much prettier as a teen.

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
You're 17? Wow, I would have assumed early to mid-30s.

I don't think my face has changed much since I was 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Yes, I'm 17.

Quoting winkyloafer:

You're 17? Wow, I would have assumed early to mid-30s.

I don't think my face has changed much since I was 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM

i looked great before children. now i look used up. is a sad sad thing.

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I think I look alot different , this is me and dh when I turned 18. I will post a current in a second.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fistandantalus
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM

This is me when I was 19 years old, a full decade before I had children:

This is me last week, age 43, with three kids under my belt:

Yeah, I'd say there's a difference.

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Most recent from this past summer. I see lots of change.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PROGENITOR
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I would have guessed you in late or mid twenties.

I am in my mid thirties. I look older since having kids, but not much older than 25. I have some great genetics on my side though. I don't look much different from my 8th grade or senior photos. My face is less round though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)