Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good God, it's time for a serious talk with ds!

Posted by   + Show Post
There comes a time in every mother's life when an inevitable talk about MUSIC APPRECIATION must come up.

Ds has an iPod (sooo not the point) and he asked me to download some rock onto it. Something with an "awesome guitar solo". Ok, so I think about it and decide that Aerosmith has some pretty good guitar solos as well as Journey, Metallica and a few others. I'm not really the censoring type, but I tried to stay on the cleaner side of things.

I play Dude Looks Like a Lady for him. He looks at me with this disgusted expression and says "Mom. That is NOT rock. That's lame."

Ok, fine. Not everyone shares my love of Aerosmith and I'm finebwith that. THIS is what disturbs me...

I ask him what he thinks rock is. He says..."I don't know, Alvin and the Chipmunks are good or Gangnam Style."

*gag, hurl, convulse*

I MUST nip this shit in the bud!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (31-33):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM

wow eww. That's some seriously bad taste. lol My ds (5) is obsessed with of monsters and men they are like indie folk  type music and he hates justin bieber, taylor swift and gangdam style, dubstep etc...He also likes old school rock music. He was never really into kiddie music thankfully. lol

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I own a daycare so we listen to a lot of childrens music when the daycare kids are here. My almost 7 year old told me that I needed to rethink my taste in music because this crap we play is terrible..........I asked him what we should be listening to and he told me...............The Beatles, of course.............lol can tell he spends a lot of time with grandma.

skymama10
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Oh my. Idk what I would do. I do not like new music so my kid is pretty well set. I hope.

Quoting bluesky51201:

When he said he hoped they would break up up and never sing again it was on. One of the worst break ups ever. I pretty much keep the Sirius on Classic stations just to make sure it gets through.

Quoting skymama10:

Gah! What?!? That's almost blasphemy I think.

Op take care if this shit NOW!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, I had to do that last year when my nine year old told me Led Zeppelin sucked.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured