Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Good God, it's time for a serious talk with ds!

Posted by   + Show Post
There comes a time in every mother's life when an inevitable talk about MUSIC APPRECIATION must come up.

Ds has an iPod (sooo not the point) and he asked me to download some rock onto it. Something with an "awesome guitar solo". Ok, so I think about it and decide that Aerosmith has some pretty good guitar solos as well as Journey, Metallica and a few others. I'm not really the censoring type, but I tried to stay on the cleaner side of things.

I play Dude Looks Like a Lady for him. He looks at me with this disgusted expression and says "Mom. That is NOT rock. That's lame."

Ok, fine. Not everyone shares my love of Aerosmith and I'm finebwith that. THIS is what disturbs me...

I ask him what he thinks rock is. He says..."I don't know, Alvin and the Chipmunks are good or Gangnam Style."

*gag, hurl, convulse*

I MUST nip this shit in the bud!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
My dad just took my sisters and I to see a Beatles tribute band. We grew up on the Beatles.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

LOL

Mom you have really been lacking here. Time to introduce the greatest band if all time, the Beatles!

xxjadedhaloxx
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This!

Quoting mich.el.le:

INTERVENTION!!!!

Katt709
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Oh no! You need an emergency intervention!
armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
One word... Queen! Also, may I recommend The Eagles and Jimmy Hendricks for some kickass guitar solos. But I bet you already know that. ;)
NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Ohhh, no Bieber!! I will ban all music before I let him get into that! We could definitely do some Weezer though. I love them too.

Quoting Superlaura328:

MOTHER OF GOD! LOL!

Kids these days... I caught the boy singing Bieber the other day and was just like uh-uh, not in this house. I've got my eldest pretty well-trained - he looooves Queen, and Weezer (one of my personal favorites). The younger two, though... they are still too impressionable. I try not to play the radio in my car, we work off of CD's and my mp3 collection, lol!!

NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Blasphemy!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, I had to do that last year when my nine year old told me Led Zeppelin sucked.

somemore83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM

LOL.

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM
not to old i just smh at him thinking they are rock lol
ds is 6 and loves rain by breaking benjamin

Quoting NoahandEliza:

He's 8. I can't decide if he's too old for Chipmunks or not, but my mom got him a bunch of movies for Christmas and he's obsessed.

Quoting Autumn19:

how old is he!

Chipmunks really!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM
3 moms liked this

One of the proudest moments of my life:

DS comes stomping through the house 

"COME TOGETHER RIIIGHT NOOW OOVER ME" complete with vocal guitar riffs

Saddest Moment:

When he walked through my kitchen

"Baby baby baby ohhh"

We had a talk...

NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I can't believe I forgot Jimmy Hendricks! That's like forgetting to put milk in cereal!

Quoting armywifey1983:

One word... Queen! Also, may I recommend The Eagles and Jimmy Hendricks for some kickass guitar solos. But I bet you already know that. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)