Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Good God, it's time for a serious talk with ds!

Posted by   + Show Post
There comes a time in every mother's life when an inevitable talk about MUSIC APPRECIATION must come up.

Ds has an iPod (sooo not the point) and he asked me to download some rock onto it. Something with an "awesome guitar solo". Ok, so I think about it and decide that Aerosmith has some pretty good guitar solos as well as Journey, Metallica and a few others. I'm not really the censoring type, but I tried to stay on the cleaner side of things.

I play Dude Looks Like a Lady for him. He looks at me with this disgusted expression and says "Mom. That is NOT rock. That's lame."

Ok, fine. Not everyone shares my love of Aerosmith and I'm finebwith that. THIS is what disturbs me...

I ask him what he thinks rock is. He says..."I don't know, Alvin and the Chipmunks are good or Gangnam Style."

*gag, hurl, convulse*

I MUST nip this shit in the bud!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
Autumn19
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
get some beatles in there to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Deep Purple - Smoke on the water!

skymama10
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Gah! What?!? That's almost blasphemy I think.

Op take care if this shit NOW!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, I had to do that last year when my nine year old told me Led Zeppelin sucked.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

wtf..    /facepalm. thank god my son has great taste in music.  he's 12. his favorite bands are AC/DC, Black Sabbath, and Queen.  he's been a rock baby from birth.  Hells Bells was the first song he ever reacted to.  it was awesome. 

he's also taught himself to play the opening rifts to Smoke on the Water and Ironman on the guitar. 

DD is hardcore though lol.  she's 4 and loves Ramstein. her favorite song is Du Hast.

Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Lmao!!

Poor mamas!!

I am glad my DD (5) got something good from her dad!! Lol

Don't get me wrong she does love Alvin and the Chipmunks but she actually picks good songs out on my phone/her iPod! I don't censor her music. Tho now with her big sisters here all the time she's been listening to 1D and BIEBER. But I think it's good she likes some classics, like Metallica and Pantera! She also likes A Perfect Circle, Deftones, and Chevelle, Pink Floyd, and Smashing Pumpkins...
VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

lmbo

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM

This is like my kids. We'll take them to a nice authentic Mexican restaurant and they'll say, "Can't we get some real Mexican like Taco Bell?"

o_O What?!?

bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I know, I died a little. I also gave serious consideration to keeping him home for school and leaving the Sirius on Classic Vinyl all day. The child actually asked me to turn off Hendrix so he could listen to Train the other day.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Blasphemy!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, I had to do that last year when my nine year old told me Led Zeppelin sucked.

bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM
When he said he hoped they would break up up and never sing again it was on. One of the worst break ups ever. I pretty much keep the Sirius on Classic stations just to make sure it gets through.

Quoting skymama10:

Gah! What?!? That's almost blasphemy I think.

Op take care if this shit NOW!

Quoting Anonymous:

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
bahahahahaha that shits not even close to rock. yah mama, time for the talk. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN