Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Age difference relationships.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Who has the biggest age difference here between them and their SO/DH?

Who would never date/marry someone with a huge age difference like 10+ years or more. Who would be ok with that?

what are the pittfalls? what are the good parts?

I ask because a friend of mine says her father (in his 40s) has been talking to a girl our age (22ish-23ish) and I would like to think I am pretty open minded and wouldnt mind dating a man in his mid to early 30's...but I think it would be strange (for me anyway) to start a relationship with someone within a 5 yr age difference from my parents (older or younger) KWIM?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

For me I'd feel a bit off about dating someone around my parents age. Then again I used to not be interested in younger guys and my now husband is 4 years younger than me. Not a huge difference, but never say never I guess.

MisterandMe
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
My husband is two years older than me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM

My DH is 5 years older than me and I honestly don't mind. My best friend is engaged to someone who is 18 years older than her and I don't like that. I respect her wishes though it's just not for me. I'm 20 and DH is 25 so that's a big enough gap for me. I find that he is more mature than the guys my age.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

fanci64
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I am 7 years older than my husband. I tease him all the time telling him I had to marry someone younger than me to be able to to keep up with me. lol 

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I dated a guy who was 15 years older than me. It didn't workout because he acted like he was 16.

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
My gf is 3 years younger (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM

DH is 23 years older than I am. He is three days younger than my mom. I will be 31 in two weeks.

I never had an age requirement while dating, I did always tend to date guys at least a few years older than I was. Men mature slower than women and I needed someone that had lots to offer and most the men I knew in their early 20's were barely starting to "grow-up".

DH has two daughters from a previous marriage, one is slightly younger than I am, the other seven years older than I am. I have always wondered what they "really" thought about our relationship. They have always been respectful, kind, considerate and enjoy my company but I don't know if in the back of their minds they secretly thought I was a "gold digger".

My mom had the biggest issue with our relationship. DH was my supervising attorney and she questioned his intentions when the relationship was new. After a year or so, she started to understand why were dating and getting serious. We had a lot in common and he treated me with the kind of love, support, encouragement, compassion and understanding any mother would want for their child.

I don't ever use the cliche' term "age is just a number" because it in fact is much more. There are issues that have come up during our relationship that could be attributed to age and a slight generation gap. His age has also brought much more to the table than I could ever hope for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
My df is 7 years older than me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM
We are 9 years apart, he's 41, I'm 32. Some times it really shows, especially in the bedroom. Other times it doesn't feel like it at all
maria1613
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
20 yr difference here. He's older
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN