Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Age difference relationships.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Who has the biggest age difference here between them and their SO/DH?

Who would never date/marry someone with a huge age difference like 10+ years or more. Who would be ok with that?

what are the pittfalls? what are the good parts?

I ask because a friend of mine says her father (in his 40s) has been talking to a girl our age (22ish-23ish) and I would like to think I am pretty open minded and wouldnt mind dating a man in his mid to early 30's...but I think it would be strange (for me anyway) to start a relationship with someone within a 5 yr age difference from my parents (older or younger) KWIM?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (51-60):
lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I will add this observation; when I was in my early twenties, 30 seemed old, 40 was much older and 50 was ancient. When I hit 25, thirty did not seem so old, 40 was right around the corner and I was half way to 50.

At 20, 21,22 or 23 I would probably have been totally turned off by his age and would guard against my daughter dating someone twice her age at 20. But the older you get the age difference between your friends, your partners and even a lover is not as relevant.

GwenGray
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

when I was a teen i was 14 and with a man who was 22 (I didn't know he was that old at the time, I quickly ended it because i didn't want to start trouble even though I was still a virgin) but my now so and I are 2 years and 14 days apart.

I don't see a problem with age as long as both are adults.

Lurion
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Whatever works for them. 

I have a friend who's a marriage counselor and she says statistically, it's much harder to make it work long-term if you're not within a 7-year range. 

When I was 22, I may have been flattered by the attention of a 40 year old. Now that I'm in my 40s, I'd assume something is wrong with a man in his 40s who is interested in a 22 year old. If they're just looking to have some fun, no problem. If they actually got married or had kids, I think it would be a tough haul for both parties. 

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I think it's gross but whatever works!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bitchess
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

21 years between me and hubby

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

keisha121
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My husban is 13 years older no biggie to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LDennany
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM

There is a 10 year age difference between my hubby and I.  We get along great!!!  There is also a 10 year age difference between myself and my step-son.  He doesnt look at me as a mother figure.  I'm more of a friend/sounding board.  People find it strange but we make it work. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM

There is a 15 year age difference between dh and I. He is 47 and I am 32. The greatest difficulty for us is the fact that we are having our 4th child soon. He's worried about having another baby at his age.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I'm 33 and dating a 39 yr old so not a big age difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

my dh and I are 38 years apart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)