Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Divorced parents...what would you say about this scenario

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 22 Replies
Divorce began while wife was pregnant with first child.
Husband made threats, wife was awarded PFA until a month after birth of child.
Husband signs divorce papers and custody papers before PFA is expired and divorce is finalized. Mother gets full custody (physical and legal) and father gets no visitation. (father signed this agreement of his own free will)
When child is 3 months old exh calls and says he wants to see child, and if mom doesnt agree he will take her for custody. She says no, because of agreement. Exh never files for visitation or custody.
exh tells family and friends that exw will not let him see his child (does not mention he agreed to this arrangement)
Exh does not pay support.(nor is it ordered)

Child.is now 6 yrs old. He has never met, seen, nor heard from his biofather.

If the exh came back now (or even later) what do you think should happen in regards to custody/visitation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I think he had a right to meet his little one and the little one has a right to meet their Father.
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I'm not divorced, however, I would keep things as is.

Did fine without him, don't need him.  If he's going around telling all his family this crap, its gonna be hell on that child if the mom allowed them to go over there and mingle with that family.

Trust me.

sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

If he signed away his rights, it's pretty black and white legally unless there is something wrong with the mother. Why is he being kept away out of curiosity? Is it because he's a bad person who is dangerous or bad for the child?

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I would hope mom would give ex a chance. In the long run if the relationship between kid and father goes well it will benefit that child so much.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM
He signed the agreement...he'll stick with it. Let him try and take you to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boldrumble
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
He didnt want visitation, and more importantly didnt want to pay support. He has been violent, does drugs and generally cant be trusted.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

If he signed away his rights, it's pretty black and white legally unless there is something wrong with the mother. Why is he being kept away out of curiosity? Is it because he's a bad person who is dangerous or bad for the child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
It would all depend on what kind of person the father is. I'm guessing a pretty shitty one if he could stay away from his child for 6 freakin years! I bet she can try to terminate his parental rights if she is self sufficient and can provide for her child by herself with no govt assistance needed or if she has a husband willing to adopt her son. If not I'd just keep it as is and hope he doesn't come back. I don't see someone who doesn't care enough to even try to attain custody for 6 years as being a good father.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Legally, he has no right to come back.  However, if he truly wants to be involved and his his act together, so that he could be a positive influence on the child, I think Mom should at least consider it.

somemore83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I would maybe let them meet when he is older and can understand the situation.  If he signed his rights away, why try and see tthe child now? what is the motive ? I am sorry but if a man walks away from his child he should have no rights to it and the same for a woman.  You can't just decide to be a parent when you want to.

piratehooker
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I would run away and never let him see his kid.

Quoting boldrumble:

He didnt want visitation, and more importantly didnt want to pay support. He has been violent, does drugs and generally cant be trusted.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN