Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i wont see him alive again......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

my grandpas health has been steadily declining. now its to the point he is being put in a nursing home. nana is 87 and he is 86. she can no longer take care of him. due to extreme financial problems, i know i wont see him alive again. its killing me. this man was the only positive influence in my life. we live 600 miles away from them and i havent been able to go down there in three years. i love him so much. all i can do i cry and wish he could see his great grandkids one more time. now that he wont be at home, he will give up. he already can no longer stand, feed himself, or use his left side. My heart is literally breaking. Ladies please keep us in prayer. I dont know how im going to keep it together through this.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

bump

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I'm sorry I'll never see my grandma again, last March was it, I know I can't make up there this year, she's almost 93.
((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darlula
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I'm sorry =( *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I'm sorry :-/. I lost my grandpa when he was 81, it was right after the birth of my dd. He never got to see her because he went blind and he never held her because he was neglected by my family and said he was too dirty to hold her. It still makes me cry when I think about him. It's a hole that will never be filled :'(

I really hope for the best for you and your family. What helps me a little is knowing that he lived a pretty long life and he was no longer suffering. :-(
opal10161973
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK about that.  I have seen people flourish in nursing homes because they got better care than their family was able to provide.  Most of the staff is young, so they can help more than a spouse, who is often about the same age.  Also, there is the benefit of PT and OT, which may help with strength and fine muscle coordination.  Since many nursing homes do both, he may end up doing better.  Don't lose hope just yet, darlin. 

keversole
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I am so sorry. :(

Owl_Feather
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
My nana is all that's left elder-wise. She's 90, in a nursing home with dimensia. Also many states away. Havent seen her since '06. Cant afford to travel. She has yet to meet her great grandkids. I miss her :(
audreesmama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Make a wish on Wishuponahero.com and people may donate to help you afford the trip!

harream
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I'm so sorry ((HUGS))

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM

ladies i am so sorry that you have endured a similar situation or loss. thank you for the support. im just out of sorts and i have two kids to take care of. i have got to cope with this. saying goodbye on the phone is going to be hard. 

I know that some people flourish in nursing homes but i know he wont. he is not a social butterfly anymore. he is set in his ways and being told what to do and when to do it will dishearten him. He is also going to be heartbroken from being separated from my grandma. they have been married 65 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)