Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do NOT put me on a pedestal!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Does your SO put you on a pedestal?

Options:

Yes and I love it.

Yes, but it annoys me.

No and I'm glad.

No, but I wish he would.

Other because there always is.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ahh I see. Has he always done that? Try ignoring him when he withdrawls. Show him that you will do it how you want to and he will just have to deal. Don't feel bad just because he is being a downer :/ GL hun

Quoting sheymann:

If he did that it would be fine. 

But he says I am perfect and when I do anything "wrong" he gets upset and starts to withdraw.

Quoting Sammi20:

It's an affection thing! They say it to make you feel good and show you they appreciate everything you do for them :) I used to deny everything he told me.. like "You are So much more beautiful than and woman I've ever seen" or "You are so perfect I don't know what I'd do without you"... Until one day he said. "You know, What I am saying is true. Maybe not to someone else but for me you are perfect and to me you are beautiful.. If you don't start accepting it I will stop saying it. And you know you would miss it" So now I just thank him and give him hugs and kisses xD Because it's true.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM

He didn't at the beginning, but ever since I went to therapy and things have gotten better (I was emotionally abused by my father and exh) he has started doing this.

I don't feel bad I just get irritated. lol

Quoting Sammi20:

Ahh I see. Has he always done that? Try ignoring him when he withdrawls. Show him that you will do it how you want to and he will just have to deal. Don't feel bad just because he is being a downer :/ GL hun

Quoting sheymann:

But he says I am perfect and when I do anything "wrong" he gets upset and starts to withdraw.

Quoting Sammi20:

It's an affection thing! They say it to make you feel good and show you they appreciate everything you do for them :) I used to deny everything he told me.. like "You are So much more beautiful than and woman I've ever seen" or "You are so perfect I don't know what I'd do without you"... Until one day he said. "You know, What I am saying is true. Maybe not to someone else but for me you are perfect and to me you are beautiful.. If you don't start accepting it I will stop saying it. And you know you would miss it" So now I just thank him and give him hugs and kisses xD Because it's true.

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

lol well I could see where that would irritate you! I'm glad you guys are working it out / talking about it :)

Quoting sheymann:

He didn't at the beginning, but ever since I went to therapy and things have gotten better (I was emotionally abused by my father and exh) he has started doing this.

I don't feel bad I just get irritated. lol

Quoting Sammi20:

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Sammi20:

Snowflower901
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Ugh I don't like it.. I feel so bad after though bc I tell him to stop and shut up.. I'm so mean sometimes=/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I tell DF that all the time. It irritates me so much since then I can't make a mistake without him getting upset and withdrawn.

Quoting Snowflower901:

Ugh I don't like it.. I feel so bad after though bc I tell him to stop and shut up.. I'm so mean sometimes=/

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
He tells ppl I'm like superwoman and he doesn't know how I do it. But sometimes idk how I do all that I do either. But when I mess up he doesn't get mad or disappointed. He realizes that I'm human.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
No, nobody is 'perfect'. Loving someone isn't about finding someone that's perfect, it's about finding someone and loving them perfectly.

Quoting sheymann:

Right, but he doesn't expect you to be perfect does he?

Quoting XJetX:

Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Well, yeah. I'm his princess!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM
And see that's what I mean, he does nice things for me but rarely does he compliment me :(

Quoting sheymann:

I would never put anyone on a pedestal, just because no one deserves that. 

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Okay, I won't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)