Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do NOT put me on a pedestal!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Does your SO put you on a pedestal?

Options:

Yes and I love it.

Yes, but it annoys me.

No and I'm glad.

No, but I wish he would.

Other because there always is.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Actions can speak louder than words. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And see that's what I mean, he does nice things for me but rarely does he compliment me :(

Quoting sheymann:

I would never put anyone on a pedestal, just because no one deserves that. 

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for making me laugh. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, I won't.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

That's how I feel, but DF keeps acting like I am perfect and when I make mistakes he gets upset and withdrwan.

Quoting XJetX:

No, nobody is 'perfect'. Loving someone isn't about finding someone that's perfect, it's about finding someone and loving them perfectly.

Quoting sheymann:

Right, but he doesn't expect you to be perfect does he?

Quoting XJetX:

Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
He doesn't buy me flowers or things like that. He considers buying my feminine hygiene items as an on a whim purchase even if he's already out and asks if I need anything :-/

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

And see that's what I mean, he does nice things for me but rarely does he compliment me :(

Quoting sheymann:

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Considering I know plenty of guys who won't buy feminine hygiene items, that's something.

Have you takled to him about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

He doesn't buy me flowers or things like that. He considers buying my feminine hygiene items as an on a whim purchase even if he's already out and asks if I need anything :-/

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dawnzilla
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

He puts me along with all of my flaws on a pedestal. As I do him. It works for us. We've been through hell and back together and appreciate the good and bad in each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
You're welcome. Any time ! :)

Quoting sheymann:

Thank you for making me laugh. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, I won't.

AllieReed
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

He doesn't REALLY have you on a pedastal if he is disappointed in you or withdrawing from you.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

It's only when I break the "perfect" imagine that he does that, so yes, he does.

Quoting AllieReed:

He doesn't REALLY have you on a pedastal if he is disappointed in you or withdrawing from you.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I help do things for him but I wouldn't "put him on a pedestal" so to speak.

Quoting Dawnzilla:

He puts me along with all of my flaws on a pedestal. As I do him. It works for us. We've been through hell and back together and appreciate the good and bad in each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN