Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do NOT put me on a pedestal!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Does your SO put you on a pedestal?

Options:

Yes and I love it.

Yes, but it annoys me.

No and I'm glad.

No, but I wish he would.

Other because there always is.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

What I'm trying to say is that if he really has you on a pedestal then he wouldn't have such high expectations of you. We all have our faults, but if you can't keep someone on the "pedestal" when they aren't perfect then they never had you on one.

Quoting sheymann:

It's only when I break the "perfect" imagine that he does that, so yes, he does.

Quoting AllieReed:

He doesn't REALLY have you on a pedastal if he is disappointed in you or withdrawing from you.

klbetts
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM
My DH treats me like a queen but does not put me on a pedestal. I treat him like a king but don't put him on a pedestal. That imo is a sure way to sabotage a relationship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I wouldn't mind a little more praise or sweet talk. Right now I'm happy if he talks to me for five minutes a day. We work opposite shifts so we rarely see eachother.   :(

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I think we use the term differently. To me being put on a pedestal means the thing you are perfect and expect you to be super-human.

Quoting AllieReed:

What I'm trying to say is that if he really has you on a pedestal then he wouldn't have such high expectations of you. We all have our faults, but if you can't keep someone on the "pedestal" when they aren't perfect then they never had you on one.

Quoting sheymann:

It's only when I break the "perfect" imagine that he does that, so yes, he does.

Quoting AllieReed:

He doesn't REALLY have you on a pedastal if he is disappointed in you or withdrawing from you.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
He may of at first but after being together 7 yr he knows I'm not perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. We are equals and I will do everything I can for him, but I am not perfect!

Quoting klbetts:

My DH treats me like a queen but does not put me on a pedestal. I treat him like a king but don't put him on a pedestal. That imo is a sure way to sabotage a relationship.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

That's hard. DF is in the AF so we've had months like that.

Quoting stephiebugg:

I wouldn't mind a little more praise or sweet talk. Right now I'm happy if he talks to me for five minutes a day. We work opposite shifts so we rarely see eachother.   :(

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Maybe you are perfect for him? I'd hug that man-he loves you :)

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We decided to do it so one of us could be home with the kids while they are little. Once my youngest (now 3) goes to school we might look at our schedules and see if something can change to give us all more time together.

Quoting sheymann:

That's hard. DF is in the AF so we've had months like that.

Quoting stephiebugg:

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Maybe, I'm just tired of him withdrawing and being upset when I do something not perfect.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Maybe you are perfect for him? I'd hug that man-he loves you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)