Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do NOT put me on a pedestal!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Does your SO put you on a pedestal?

Options:

Yes and I love it.

Yes, but it annoys me.

No and I'm glad.

No, but I wish he would.

Other because there always is.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (61-70):
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I wonder if he knows his mom poops too. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

I try to ignore it because try as he may the guy will never find a woman who doesn't shit lol. It's just odd that I was removed from my "pedestal" for that. 

Quoting sheymann:

It sounds like he needs a lesson in human biology! lol good luck with that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had this problem with a few things but thankfully not many. As gross as it is my dh didn't know that I pooped or farted when we 1st started dating. He specifically asked me if I did either and I looked at him like he was a freaking idiot. The book says that EVERYBODY poops lol!! Anyway, as the years went by he finally noticed that I do in fact poop. Now it's like he lost some feelings for me, gosh this sounds so f-ing dumb, I can't even believe I'm admitting it. Anyway, he now states that women shouldn't poop, it grosses him out. Not just hide their pooping, he doesn't think they should poop AT ALL. Obviously I can't just stop being a functioning human being so I have to deal with that. I guess the moral of the story is that some guys are stupid. Really really stupid and now I'm not on a pedestal because I poop lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I wish dh would say that. He never says nice things or compliments. He broke my pedestal lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Yes. My bil. He's stopped now since fil is dragging my name through the mud because I refuse to take his side on a big family issue that has nothing to do with me.

I'm glad he stopped. It was very annoying.
1likeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I would end that relationship. It's not being put on a pedastool he has unrealistic expectations. You will never be able to maintain his vision of what you should be, how you should act and how you should dress long term. having BTDT the more "flaws" you have in his eyes the worse he will treat you.
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I wouldn't say my husband puts me on a pedestal, but he does spoil me most of the time. He works overtime so I can stay home with the kids, he never nags me about housework or cooking. If I don't feel like doing something, that's fine with him. He even said he'd be willing to pay a housekeeper to come in a couple times a week to take care of that for me, lol.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

He's getting better about being more realistic. I've had to sit him down and tell him a few times that it is not realistic. He doesn't do it as badly anymore but it's still really irriating when he does.

Quoting 1likeme:

I would end that relationship. It's not being put on a pedastool he has unrealistic expectations. You will never be able to maintain his vision of what you should be, how you should act and how you should dress long term. having BTDT the more "flaws" you have in his eyes the worse he will treat you.

Smcclellan7080
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM

He knows I'm not perfect, but yes he puts me on a pedestal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I know he speaks highly of me, as I do him but, I wouldn't say he puts me on a pedestal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

My DH tends to do the opposite. Meaning, I can say or do something distasteful, and he would look at it much worse if i did it than if he did it. He sugar coats everything he says or does, and makes it sound better, but makes me sound like I am "more in the wrong" if I did/said the same thing. It makes me so mad! Grr..

He holds me to things but let's himself slide if he does the same things. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Yes... but it's not extreme

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)