Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being unreasonable?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

My ex and I have been seperated for about 2 years. Finally where we can put the paperwork together and get this freaking divorce done. Now for the last 2 years (Granted a year of it he was gone..2 six month deployments) we have done a 50/50 schedule. Monday and Tuesday with him, Wednesday Thursday with me, and we switched Friday Saturday and Sundays. Anyways after he got home from his last deployment, his civilian job put him on a work schedule of 6am to 3pm. Which means to get the kids where they need to go and him to work on time the kids are up at liek 430am! I personally think this is ridiculous, but I let it go, cause they need time with their father. But now its starting to show how its effecting them. My 6 year old wont do school work, he is more tired in class, and more obnoxious. My 3 year old who hasnt had an accident in over a year had one in her pre-k class. And her and her 2 year old sister (who has also reverted with potty training) have recently had horrible attitudes and its all I can do on my days to keep them up til bed time so they aren't up at 430 at my house.

So past that, in the paper work I have put on Monday and Tuesday night and His sundays, I want the kids dropped of (or I pick up) at 8 so they can get to bed at a decent hour, and wake up at a decent hour. He says its not fair cause he's missing time, when truly all he is missing is them sleeping.

So is this unfair. I think its better for them in the long run. And if his shift was to change, I'd go back, no problem there...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Drochmheas
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

No, thats not unrreasonable.  Maybe you could let him have one or two more days a month, to make up the hours?

fanci64
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

what's he missing sleep time. Get over it, it's so much better for the children and that's what is important. Your doing the right thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN