Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Carnivores..I need recipes (Omnivores too lol)

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm taking care of a lady for a week after her knee surgery. She's a big meat eater and is on a high protein diet..pretty much the opposite of how we eat. lol So I need some recipe ideas that I can easily add more meat to just her portion. And I was thinking of doing spaghetti for us and a burger for her but I REALLY don't want to do red meat, so does anyone have any good turkey burger recipes?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

BUMP!

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

BUMP!

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I have a really good turkey meatball recipe lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Could I smash it into a patty and grill it instead? lol

happymotherof6
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

i package of ground turkey not ground turkey breast it is too dry.

cut green onions salt and pepper and mince a clove of garlic add terriyaki sauce do not over do it though:)

mold it into the ground turkey. and make patties

heat skillet with olive oil cook turning frequently to prevent burns but make sue the inside is not pink and then serve with whole wheat buns and lettuce tomatoe,cheese,avocado,and mayyonnaise>ketchup optional...I love this recipe:)

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quoting happymotherof6:

i package of ground turkey not ground turkey breast it is too dry.

cut green onions salt and pepper and mince a clove of garlic add terriyaki sauce do not over do it though:)

mold it into the ground turkey. and make patties

heat skillet with olive oil cook turning frequently to prevent burns but make sue the inside is not pink and then serve with whole wheat buns and lettuce tomatoe,cheese,avocado,and mayyonnaise>ketchup optional...I love this recipe:)

Thanks!!!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM

you can season just like you would ground beef. ranch burgers are really easy. Hidden valley ranch packet and mix it together and form patties. Pretty much any recipe you find for beef you can substitute turkey. Thing is turkey doesn't have as much fat so I use a little breadcrumbs to bind it.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Sure! Lol.

1 pack ground turkey.
1 sleeve crushed ritz crackers (more if needed)
Add milk to meat and and crackers until desired constancy (milk and crackers act as a binder)
Add peppers and onions
Paprika
Salt
Pepper
garlic powder
Cheddar cheese

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Could I smash it into a patty and grill it instead? lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Ground turkey sucks. I mean it's healthy, but it sucks.What about making 1/2 beef 1/2 pork meatballs?

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

you can season just like you would ground beef. ranch burgers are really easy. Hidden valley ranch packet and mix it together and form patties. Pretty much any recipe you find for beef you can substitute turkey. Thing is turkey doesn't have as much fat so I use a little breadcrumbs to bind it.

I remember making turkey burgers once a long time ago and they were dry and tough. lol I'm sure it was my fault but Idk what I did wrong and I don't want to feed the poor woman crap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)