Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just doubled the wedding budget and I am kind of stressing!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
So I set a budget of $1,000 for our wedding which is going to be very 1950s glamour. After calculating everything we'll be slightly over.

Dress:$220
DIY birdcage veil:$10
Shoes:$30
Undergarments:$30
My ring:$235
Grooms suit:$80
Hair, makeup, nails:$80
Flowers:$30
Marriage license:$58
Officiant:$0
Venue:$0
Reception:$300

Total $1,074

We had originally planned to just have our kids and our mother at our wedding but now he wants more guests; his brother, sister, my oldest sister, her husband, her kids, maybe my two other sisters, my grandma and her husband, my aunt and her husband. He suggested using a family friends property so that's two more people. The property is pretty out of the way too and they have a dog who roams and poops everywhere.

I really had this idea of a simple ceremony. We are asking a friend to become ordained. Our reception would be a small dinner at a really nice restaurant just us our moms, our friend who performs the ceremony, and our kids.

My DF's sister would throw a huge fit if she wasn't invited to dinner after the wedding so that's another $50+ for her dinner.

We would have to provide drinks and appetizers atleast for other guests at the ceremony. Which I would cook myself. So that's more stress. Plus we'll need chairs for everyone at the ceremony.

Then there is DF's brother who is not exactly well mannered. He looks like a homeless person and we'd have to rent him a tux.

To add more stress we have to get all the money together by June and we don't have a cent saved so we will use our tax return to pay some but we need most of it for debt. I get to try and convince DF to keep it simple.

Ugh!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Over by 74 dollars, that's pretty damn good budgeting! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty proud of myself for it:-D

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Over by 74 dollars, that's pretty damn good budgeting! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Bump
_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM

That is pretty good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)