Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

jaw pain effin sucks.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have no idea what is happening but my jaw and head are killing me. It hurts to chew but my teeth are perfectly fine just had them checked out a month ago. I have tried compresses , Advil, and even had hubby massage my jaw. It's giving me an annoying headache. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Look up TMJ.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I wear a guard because I grind my teeth at night and was waking up with the same issues you are having.  Talk to your dentist about it, no sense in suffering!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I was just there, I don't have TMJ and no teeth grinding . It just started

Quoting indymom72:

I wear a guard because I grind my teeth at night and was waking up with the same issues you are having.  Talk to your dentist about it, no sense in suffering!! 

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Then you need to go back and find out what it is.  How do you know you don't grind your teeth? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting indymom72:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM
He checked them there is no sign of damage to my teeth. Plus I'm an extreme light sleeper, dh does grind his teeth it wakes me up every night at least five times. The sound alone makes me cringe.

Quoting indymom72:

Then you need to go back and find out what it is.  How do you know you don't grind your teeth? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting indymom72:

hip2it
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM

My jaw pops out from time to time.  It's not as bad since I had my wisdom teeth removed and had veneers done and slightly adjusted to alleviate the jaw issues.  Now if I have dental work where my mouth is opened for a while it'll give me trouble for a few days.  I also have to wear a guard at night because I grind my teeth so badly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)